Primary purpose of your job position is to prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by your supervisor to assure quality food service is provided at all times.
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus. Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Manager. Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Coordinate service with other departments as necessary. Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Assume the authority, responsibility and accountability of Cook.
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-department personnel as well as with other departments within the Community to assure that food service can be properly maintained to meet the needs of the residents.
- Work with Community Manager's as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Serve and prepare food that is palatable and appetizing in accordance with established portion control procedures, therapeutic diet needs, standardized recipes, special diet needs. Make only authorized food substitutions.
- Ensure that safety and sanitary regulations and precautions are followed at all times by all personnel.
- Assist/direct daily or scheduled cleaning duties in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained.
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to the Dietary Manager immediately.
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available. Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food, supplies, etc., as necessary. Recommend to the Manager the equipment and supply needs of the department.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, for parties, etc.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Previous experience working in long-term care or with the geriatric population preferred.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.