Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
- Removes/replaces loom beams using tie-in equipment.
- Check warp out paper for warp outs.
- Determine loom the beam to be used.
- Remove the empty beam from loom.
- Take the empty beam to storage area.
- Grease/oil harness drives, bearings, and beam stand at each warp out.
- Remove oil pads from underneath tappet housing and loom, scrape grease, oil and clippings from underneath loom, and tappet housing. Sweep floor, mop underneath loom, beam area and tappet housing. Put out wet floor sign and remove wet floor sign only after floor has dried.
- Transport loom beam from storage area to loom.
- Remove loom beam from inventory.
- Load new loom beam in loom.
- Rack and tie beams.
- Break down tie frame.
- Pull knots through drop wires, heddles and reed.
- Repair broken ends, remove loom safety pin, start loom and check quality.
- Enter information in computer system.
- Performs reties, as needed.
- Assists personnel in drawing reeds.
- Change battery in warp truck once per shift.
- Empty mop bucket at end of each shift.
- Use beam gear hand truck to remove beam gear.
- Use required personal protective equipment for task at hand.
- Use safety pin to lock out loom when changing warps.
- Maintains clean and orderly work place.
- Reports any hazardous or unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- High school graduate or GED equivalency preferred
- Successful completion of all required health and environmental safety training.
- Successful completion of all required on the job training.
- Ability to communicate in standard English to understand and follow verbal or written instructions and to keep simple records and make reports.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to maintain an acceptable level of attendance in accordance with company and department guidelines.
- Ability to perform specific duties with instructions but without direct supervision.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
Blacksburg Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.