A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Responsible for all outbound delivery prep and execution
- Provides all administrative tasks so shippers can focus on daily shipping duties
- Provides administrative support to the department and ensures compliance with SOP's, Logistics Work Instructions, and other procedural documents.
Essential job functions:
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Performs duties according to SOP's, cGMP, OSHA, DOT, IATA, & ISO regulations.
- Primary contact for Customer Service calls and emails related to customer order shipments,
- Maintain ERP daily maintenance screens to ensure accurate and timely billing of customer order shipments.
- Create STO's from custom sales orders so the shipments can be picked for shipment.
- Leads the shipping of customer orders, guiding and monitoring daily shipments to ensure that we are meeting the customer's special requests in a timely manner.
- Run reports relevant to department metrics regarding shipping such as OTIF, weekly/monthly output, warehouse capacity, etc...
- Manage "return to vendor" forms and coordinate the return process.
- Manage inventory of shipping critical forms (Bill of Lading, DOT Placards, Shipping Request Forms, etc...
- Primary backup for shipping, receiving, and production support.
- Back up Warehouse leadership in case Supervisor and Lead are on PTO or unavailable.
- Primary traffic controller for email requests to the Warehouse department.
- Answers the phone for the Warehouse department.
- Assists Supervisor/Lead with special projects assigned.
- Works as a liaison between Customer Service and Third-Party shippers to ensure orders are sent to customer specifications.
- Contacts Freight Forwarders and schedules all outbound, as well as many inbound, shipments. Maintains spreadsheet of all truck shipments organized, prioritized, and flowing.
- In addition to outbound deliveries, manages calendar/report of inbound receipts for the Warehouse team to coordinate daily activities.
- Retrieves tracking info and Proof of Deliveries for Customer Service on request.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative position, preferably in a cGMP, warehouse, and/or shipping environment.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in SAP (PRD and ERP) and BPCS Systems
- Good computer skills with good Microsoft Office experience
- Ability to solve problems/troubleshoot
- Ability to work independently
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to set priorities according to the needs of the department
- Working knowledge of cGMP documentation requirements
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 215342
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.