We are currently seeking a Vocational Specialist to join our Adult Behavioral Health Division with our Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACT) in our Pittsburgh, PA location in Allegheny County.
Responsible for creating new job opportunities within the community and maintaining contact with community employers. Knowledge and understanding of recovery principles and recovery-driven service system.
• The Vocational Specialist helps prepare individuals for real-world experiences such as employment and various other community interactions.
• The Vocational Specialist shares in the responsibility of carrying out rehabilitation and support functions and assisting in treatment, substance abuse services, education, support, and consultation to families and crisis intervention services under the clinical supervision of staff with professional degrees.
• Conduct workshops to assist individuals in preparing for employment to include areas of training, such as: How to dress properly for interviews, Interview skills, Resume writing, Searching for jobs, Ergonomics/safe-lifting techniques, Safety in the Workplace, Energy conservation techniques, and Educational opportunities.
• Participate in treatment planning meetings.
• Collaborate with ACT members and consumers' natural supports to work towards identifying goals that will help in the housing process.
• Assist in providing ongoing assessments of the individual's mental
illness and symptoms as well as responses to treatment.
Rate of pay: $19.34 /hour + Additional Incentives
Benefits: Merakey offers Medical, Dental, Vision insurance plans, competitive compensation plans, Work/Life balance, flexible schedules, cell phone discount plans, employee referral bonuses, tuition reimbursement, and much more!
To fill out an online application: www.merakey.org/careers
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health, and education non-profit provider with a fifty-year history. We offer a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country. Our belief that every individual has the right to achieve growth, dignity, and fulfillment guides all of our decisions. At Merakey, we care about each other and are committed to providing the very best care to those we serve.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer! We deeply value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ethnic background, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or disability status. Moreover, we are committed to creating teams that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and encourage applicants from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
• Bachelor's Degree in a human service field
• 1 to 3 years experience working with individuals in a recovery setting and or crisis experience.
• Valid PA Driver's License
• Act 33 and 34 clearances
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
San Jose, California
Posted about 11 hours ago
Menlo Park, California
Posted about 11 hours ago
Washington, District of Columbia
Posted about 3 hours ago