There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
As the Virtual Build Integration Designer you will be responsible for interrogating math data to identify and document part-to-part integration issues prior to the IV Builds. This activity develops problem solving and collaboration within the team. Is developing knowledge of SMT Design Data, GM VAS structure, Pre-Production Build Practices. Skilled in GM Teamcenter, VIS Mockup and Windows Office Suite. Detail oriented Build Issue identification with specific technical direction from DLT and Senior Virtual Designers. Developing knowledge of Vehicle systems and assembly and math fidelity of each cycle. Proficient in CAD Tools and developing a clear understanding of Vehicle Assembly Methods.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Additional Job Description
- Identify and document part-to-part integration issues
- Complies with IV Virtual team Processes and procedures
- Applies Pre-Production assembly and integration knowledge to parts to part/subsystem checking
- Documents and maintains IV Virtual issues to team standards
- Manages VIS Mockup session, monitoring part and subsystem changes and tracking personal progress toward completion. Applies results with support of the DLT or Senior Virtual Designer
- Works closely with Senior IV Virtual Designer to achieve IV Virtual checking requirements and document progress on program dashboard
- Knowledge of VAS data organization and configuration.
- Understanding of component and subsystem design integration into systems as they pertain to physical builds
- Developing understanding of preproduction physical build process
- Developing understanding of corporate change management processes as they relate to Pre-Production Builds
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in area of responsibility
- Keeps Senior Virtual Designer and DLT informed of project status, timing, and technical issues
- Ensures high quality, on time part to part integration review of assigned components and subsystems
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
- Bachelors Degree of Technology or 10+ years equivalent experience
- Proficient skill set in Vis Mockup, GM Teamcenter
- Developing knowledge of Vehicle component and subsystems and related virtual integration requirements
- Developing knowledge Specification Part release usages, VAS configuration, change management
- Developing knowledge of Pre-Production Build and Manufacturing processes (i.e. injection molding, stamping, extrusion, machining, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and VisMockup
- Developing understanding of Specifications and Release terms and systems
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.