It's more than a career, it's a calling.
WI-SSM Health West Beltline
The Vice President for Surgical and Acute Care Services for the WI Region of SSM Health is responsible to collaborate with System Clinical Leadership Program leaders to design and implement system-wide care standards as well as clinical guidelines and protocols within the portfolio of Clinical Programs in the Surgical and Acute Care Grouping. Key focus on identifying areas of unexplained clinical variation and ensures adoption of evidence-based practices where appropriate. This individual is responsible for driving KPI's to an exceptional level. Ensuring clinical effectiveness through implementation of evidence-based medicine best practices that are aligned with system clinical programs and guidelines.
This role reports directly to the SSM Wisconsin Regional Medical Group President with a dotted line reporting relationship to the SSM Health System CMO and is based in Madison, WI. This position offers an experienced executive physician leader the opportunity to work in a highly successful integrated delivery network that is focused on exceptional patient care.
- MD/DO degree
- Board Certification in area of specialty
- Current unrestricted (or ability to obtain) WI Medical license
- Minimum of seven years of experience as practicing physician
- Minimum of five years in progressively responsible significant leadership roles
- Highly prefer experience working in an integrated delivery network
- Highly prefer MBA/MHA or other related graduate education
- Highly prefer Lean Operating Model leadership experience
Comprehensive benefit package exclusively designed for executive leadership with immediate vacation time, retirement account, salary continuation, and company paid life insurance are just a few of the generous extras above and beyond the standard medical, dental, and vision insurance offerings.For Immediate Consideration Contact:
Jenny Nichols-Senior Executive and Physician Recruiter
SSM Health Wisconsin
Phone 608.260.3581 firstname.lastname@example.orgJob Summary:
Leads the overall Surgical and Acute Care Clinical Program for the region and markets of SSM Health. Has accountability for delivering the annual Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for these Clinical Programs through SSM Health's Continuous Improvement Operating Model which drives improvement work in quality, access, cost-reduction, patient and team experience, patient and team safety, growth and partnerships, transformation, community connectivity and culture.Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Works with System Clinical Leadership Program leaders and designs system-wide care standards as well as clinical guidelines and protocols within the portfolio of Clinical Programs in the Surgical and Acute Care Grouping. Identifies areas of unexplained clinical variation and ensures adoption of evidence-based practices where appropriate. Convenes teams and aligns regional structure that complements SSM Health's goals and System structure while driving KPIs to an Exceptional Level at the local, regional and system level. Takes a minimally viable product/standards from a System Clinical Program and lead local teams to implement at regional and market levels within the geography and service areas of SSM Health WI.
- At the forefront of Value Based Care and Population Health Initiatives and thought leadership. Utilizes horizontal leadership and collaborative leadership skills when driving quality/patient safety metrics while working with System Clinical Program Leadership/structure and SSM Health's grouping of Regional Councils. Ensures alignment with System quality/patient safety metrics. Sets goals for patient experience and access with administrative and other clinical leaders. Ensures alignment of these goals with the KPIs of SSM Health and cascades goals throughout the region using SSM Health Continuous Improvement Operating Model.
- Accountable for coaching and developing Regional Clinical Program Medical Directors in professional leadership and necessary operational leadership skills. Assures that a standard review process is in place regarding clinical and operational scorecards for the physicians and other medical directors performing services within the Clinical Programs Portfolio.
- Identifies opportunities for operational efficiency and coordinated care across specialties and geography in association with other regional clinical program and administrative leaders with appropriate implementation to improve patient experience, access, and/or outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with the VP of Medical Group Operations, Regional CMO, market VPMA's and other administrative leaders to set the strategic vision, goals, and objectives for the Surgical and Acute Care Clinical Program Portfolio including growth and assures alignment with SSM Health strategy. Participates in the relevant System Clinical Programs Operations Council.
- Responsible for a collaborative working relationship with the System VP of Strategy in development of overall strategy for Acute Care Clinical Programs for SSM Health WI.
- Participate and connects into relevant Dean Health Plan/WellFirst Health Vibrance structure to assure value-based and payor/Health Plan growth strategic initiatives are further developed, and tactics are cascaded throughout Acute Care Clinical Programs within SSM Health WI. Demonstrates an understanding of value/risk-based health insurance contracts and works with the health plan and regional leaders to ensure achievement of quality and efficiency goals outlined in the contracts.
- Accountable to ensure that structure and process are in place for design and management of standard-work, policies and procedures from the regional perspective and within each Clinical Program Portfolio. Particularly regarding incident reporting, quality assessment, peer review, professional development/benefits, HR, physician/APP onboarding, physician compensation and clinical operations for the portfolio of clinical programs in the Acute Care setting.
- Responsible for assuring that a budget process is in place with dyad leaders of each Clinical Program. Has oversight of the financial performance of the Acute Care Clinical Programs to achieve budgeted goals/targets.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of medical staff bylaws and medical group policy, where applicable.
- Coordinates physician and APP approval recruitment activities. Promotes and encourages physician leader, clinical provider and clinical staff development. Encourages positive interaction and effective communication among practitioners, patients, staff and administration.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings within the Integrated Delivery Network and will be available for other meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate from an accredited school of medicine and holds unrestricted license to practice medicine in current locale
- Able to and will obtain unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Wisconsin
- Board certified in practicing clinical area of specialty
- Ten years' experience, with five years' in leadership
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.
80550069 Admin Allocated MG OnlyWork Shift:
Day Shift (United States of America)Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here