CALSTART is seeking a highly motivated transportation professional to join our team as a Vehicle Dealer Trainer Project Manager for the Hybrid and Zero-Emission Truck and Bus Voucher Incentive Project (HVIP). HVIP supports the deployment of the advanced technologies needed to meet California's air quality goals by offering point-of-sale discounts to make clean trucks and buses more affordable for fleets. HVIP is in its eleventh year as the nation's first-of-its-kind first-come, first-serve voucher incentive project to reduce the incremental cost of zero or near-zero emission medium and heavy-duty vehicles. CALSTART has administered HVIP on behalf of the California Air Resources Board (CARB) since its inception, working with manufacturers and dealers to help them help customers purchasing advanced clean technologies. More information is at CaliforniaHVIP.org.
This position will serve as the public face and first point of contact for HVIP. Our new The Dealer Trainer will be responsible for communicating with all dealers, manufacturers, stakeholders, the HVIP team, and California Air Resources Board (CARB). The Project Manager will also work the CARB approved vehicle manufacturers to add and update their vehicles in the HVIP Eligible Vehicle Catalog. Additionally, the Dealer Trainer will manage data from our website and online voucher processing center, the training of tech access and policy for all dealers, and lines of communication for all dealers.
Additionally, the Project Manager will:
- Lead with HVIP dealer training of prospective dealers and maintain assistance for 300+ currently active dealers.
- Actively partner with dealers and manufacturers to bring them into alignment with the rules and regulations required by CARB.
- Oversee the HVIP Eligible Vehicle Catalog.
- Participate in community events and trade shows, virtually and eventually in-person, to represent HVIP
We are a nationally and internationally recognized clean transportation industry organization with offices in multiple states. With more than 30 years of experience, we work with both public and private sectors to break down barriers to innovation and drive the transportation industry to a clean and prosperous future.
We work with these member companies and the broader industry, including fleets, manufacturers, public agencies, and fuel providers, to advance the clean transportation industry. Our work is organized into the major initiative areas; cars, buses, trucks (and off-road vehicles), fuels, and mobility. We advance each of these sectors by supporting technology development, assessing, and validating new technologies and products, accelerating market growth by supporting clean vehicle incentive programs, providing policy guidance and implementation, and giving value-added services to our member organizations. We believe now is our time, and we are planning for growth. If you want a career where you are making a real impact and benefiting both society and the environment, you should consider coming to work with us! Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business, Communications, Environmental Studies, other related fields, or equivalent years of experience.
Salary and Benefits
- 2+ years of professional experience in the transportation industry.
- Experience working across various teams in an organization to ensure projects are completed accurately, professionally, and on time.
- Proven ability to synthesize large amounts of data into clear understandable language for stakeholders and other interested parties.
- Ability to adequately resolve conflicts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and are adept at building relationships with different stakeholders, clients and customers.
- Experience in website management (e.g., WordPress).
- Experience using CRM tools (e.g., Salesforce).
- Understanding of the voucher-request platforms.
- Ability to foster customer and user engagement.
- Experience in Database Management.
- Demonstrated understanding of and direct experience working with equity issues.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Competitive annual salary based on experience
- Performance-based growth opportunities
- Competitive company-paid health plan that includes dental and vision care
- Retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Employee Incentive Program (bonus) yearly based on performance
- Telecommuting and flexible work hours as appropriate
- Rewards for alternative commuting to and from work
- Committed to employee growth and development
If you are up to this challenge, we invite you to apply for this role. Qualified candidates, please apply online with your resume and cover letter at www.calstart.org/careers
CALSTART, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, affirmative action employer and one that celebrates diversity in all forms. Our inclusive environment focuses on making decisions based on merit without regard to race, color, hair texture, gender, religion, age, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, LGBTQIA+ status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, genetics, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law or not. This applies to any terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including recruiting, hiring, transferring, training, pay, incentives, benefits, discipline, promotion, lay-offs, and termination. Underrepresented candidates are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.