Everlaw is seeking an experienced Value Engineer who demonstrates our company values of attention to detail, setting your own bar, egoless communication, and respect for customers!
Everlaw's Value Engineering (VE) team is a consultative sales practice that supports top opportunities across the AmLaw 250 and Fortune 1000 organizations. The VE team will be engaged early and often to assist both the Sales and Solutions Architect teams to contribute to increased sales productivity. This is a strategic role that combines the competencies of value-based consulting, selling and value engineering with SaaS and eDiscovery. You will work to drive impact and revenue in both pre- and post-sales situations, ensuring that our clients are able to maximize the value of adopting Everlaw as their ediscovery technology solution of choice.
You should have a deep understanding of value-based selling and SaaS technology, and take pride in understanding your product in-depth to effectively convey its value to customers and partners. Your success will come from assisting our teams to close high velocity (<$50K), enterprise ($100K+), and strategic ($1MM+) sales opportunities.
Whether it be a timely follow up on a request for information, a cold call, or an expo booth visit, the sales team is often the first point of interaction for prospective Everlaw clients and the team strives to make those conversations memorable and impactful. Sales focuses on delivering excellence through every step of an organization's diligence of improving litigation and discovery workflows, employing genuine curiosity in discovery calls, conducting highly tailored demonstrations and presentations, and curating compelling proofs of value to ensure that our new customers can come on board with a clear path to achieving success. Everlaw's sales team isn't your typical one. Whether it's spearheading a climate-action themed cold calling event, weekly basketball at the local YMCA, or group crossword puzzles over lunch, reps and leadership alike embody a commitment to bringing their authentic selves to work.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and vibrant and we're committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you're looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we'd love to hear from you! Think you're missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the 'perfect' candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time exempt position based in our Oakland, NYC, or DC office; or remote in one of the following states: AK, AL, AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, KS, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY. Office-based employees are eligible for a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
In your role, you'll...
We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
We're excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you'll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don't expect you to know everything on Day 1.
- Work closely with customers to build compelling business cases for enterprise level change and adoption and deliver persuasive and metric-based executive presentations that differentiate Everlaw's value.
- Be responsible for driving metric development, providing true ROI / TCO models for the adoption of Everlaw, and architecting cost recovery strategies for our clients.
- Collaborate in developing account penetration strategies with geographic and segment-specific sales leaders with an emphasis on pipeline growth, fortifying pricing strategy, improving win rate, and influencing brand perception in the market.
- Collaborate with the sales team on presentations to optimize delivery and ensure accuracy.
- Shadow experienced Everlaw Solutions Architects and Account Executives to become familiar with the approach to supporting sales meetings, and setting up and executing prospective client platform evaluations.
- Take a leadership role in articulating the Everlaw difference from a technology and security perspective in customer-facing meetings.
- Contribute to product roadmap meetings, speaking to the initiatives and features that will best help grow client revenue.
- You have at least 12 years of experience in SaaS-focused management consulting or demonstrable project-based experience. Other key experience areas include business intelligence, enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise software
- You are experienced in conducting cost / pricing teardowns of competing products / service offerings / pricing models.
- Through your consulting and analytical experience, you have demonstrated patience and curiosity.
- Using well-thought-out and detailed models, proof points and client-identified success metrics, you are able to align diverse perspectives and expectations for the adoption of Everlaw.
- You are able to uncover, synthesize, and articulate your understanding of clients' desired positive business outcomes.
- You have both executive presence and experience with C-level and executive relationships and interactions.
- Your colleagues can trust your clear communication, deep organizational skills, and flexible time management.
- You value learning and are always working to develop your craft. You are reflective about your strengths and growth areas and seek out ways to become a better leader and contributor.
- You have strong self-directed work habits and initiative, creativity in problem solving, drive, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism; you adopt a growth mindset.
- You are authorized to work in the United States. Please note that currently, Everlaw is not sponsoring employment visas.
- You have experience selling legal technologies, preferably SaaS-enabled platforms.
- Familiarity with MEDDPICC and/or Command of Message.
- Competitive salary
- Substantial equity
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Quarterly "flex fund to flourish" bonus to spend on any health, wellness, or well-being expenses
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
Pursue Truth While Finding YoursAt Everlaw, we are deeply invested in pursuing the truth, for our clients and for our employees. We know that when you're empowered to pursue your passions, it is reflected in the work.
- DC: Work in our downtown Washington D.C. office
- NY: Work in our downtown New York office
- Oakland: Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- One of Wealthfront's 2021 Career Launching Companies , one of " Inc Magazine's Best Workplaces ", and ranked #2 on the " 2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work " list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through "Everlaw for Good"
That's why we're committed to the professional growth of all our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular career check-ins with managers. If you're looking for a place that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we'd love to hear from you!
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act . Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Everlaw requires all of its employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you have received a medical or religious exemption.