Validation Engineer, Quality Assurance for Quality Control (QA for QC) GG14
Are you ready to use your experience and expertise to make an impact on patients' lives? Astellas Gene Therapies is a biotechnology company developing new genetic medicines for rare, life-threatening diseases. We are working urgently to progress our medicines and need additional team members to help us do so. Because our mission is so important, our values are to: Be BOLD: Find a Way, Care Deeply, and Get Stuff Done. If you'd like to be a part of this important mission, please apply to join our team.
About Astellas Gene Therapies
Astellas Gene Therapies is an Astellas Center of Excellence developing genetic medicines for patients with rare, life-threatening diseases. Based on our innovative approach to developing genetic medicines, as well as our industry-leading internal manufacturing capability and expertise, we have become the Astellas Center of Excellence for their newly-created Genetic Regulation Focus Area. We are currently exploring three gene therapy modalities: gene replacement, exon skipping gene therapy, and vectorized RNA knockdown, with plans to expand our focus and geographic reach under Astellas. We are based in San Francisco, with manufacturing and laboratory facilities in South San Francisco and Sanford, North Carolina. For more information, please visit our website: www.astellasgenetherapies.com
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are promoting the Focus Area Approach that is designed to identify opportunities for the continuous creation of new drugs to address diseases with high unmet medical needs by focusing on Biology and Modality. Furthermore, we are also looking beyond our foundational Rx focus to create Rx+® healthcare solutions that combine our expertise and knowledge with cutting-edge technology in different fields of external partners. Through these efforts, Astellas stands on the forefront of healthcare change to turn innovative science into value for patients. For more information, please visit our website at https://www.astellas.com/en.
* Be BOLD (Find a Way)
* Care Deeply -- for our patients, each other and our work
* #GSD (Get Stuff Done)
What is the catalyst for you in your professional career? Are you ready to be a part of a bold, innovative company, to make a change and to make a difference? Listed below is a current opening for a smart, driven, experienced, and just plain nice individual who wants to join us and be a part of our journey.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Quality Assurance Validation (QAV), (QAV for QC) will be primarily responsible for the quality oversight of implementation, execution, and assessment of quality systems, procedures, and records to support compliant laboratory operations. Responsibilities include ensuring adherence to agency regulations (GxP) and guidance, industry best practices, local regulations, and internal policies and procedures. This position works closely with Quality Control, Validation, Document/Data Management, and other GxP supporting functions to ensure compliance. This is accomplished by direct collaboration and oversight of Quality Control validation activities including method validation and transfer. Also including analytical data review and data associated audit trail review.
Additionally, this position will provide QA Validation oversight to other functional areas as needed, but not limited to; facility/utility, equipment, computer systems, and process validation. This position will be based in our South San Francisco, CA facility.
* Provide QA support and oversight to internal staff and suppliers/contractors to ensure compliance to SOPs and relevant Good Regulated Practice (GxP) requirements.
* Provide QA oversight for the qualification of laboratory equipment and systems.
* Provide QA oversight for the qualification, validation, and transfer of analytical methods.
* Provide QA review and final approval of analytical data.
* Review and approve validation discrepancy reports and deviations as needed.
* Review, and approve controlled documents for the Quality organization and other GMP functional areas including SOPs, specifications, vendor provided documentation, protocols, and reports.
* Provide Validation impact assessments for Change Controls.
* Provide strategy input for all Validation activities.
* Provide QAV oversight on validation deliverables;(i.e. protocols, reports, specifications, system risk assessments, etc)
* Define, track, and report quality metrics.
* Assist in the preparation and hosting of regulatory (e.g. FDA, EMA, DHHS, etc.) inspections as needed
* QA Validation Engineer - B.S. degree in Biological/Physical/Chemical sciences, engineering, or equivalent focus of study and 5-8+ years of experience or M.S. degree and 3-5+ years of experience in a QA function in a biologics manufacturing facility
* Strong knowledge of risk-based approach to commissioning, qualification and validation activities in a biotech manufacturing environment.
* Strong understanding of FDA, EMA, local regulations and guidelines, Good Engineering Practices, ICH guidelines, and industry best practices.
* Successful history working in a fast-paced team environment, meeting deadlines, and prioritization of work from multiple projects
* Strong analytical and communication skills as well as sound judgment, with the ability to work effectively with others
* Excellent problem-solving skills and experience with root cause investigations and CAPA determination
* Strong computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel)
* Off hours coverage and flexibility may be required
* Physical Requirements: Able to frequently lift, carry or move, and position objects weighing up to 30 pounds. Able to bend, stoop and crouch to inspect materials or place labels. Consistently able to move about to coordinate work
* Models our Core Values: Be Bold, Care Deeply, #GetStuffDone -- is experienced as someone who exemplifies the culture we want to create; operates with transparency; is trusted
* Experience reviewing and approving commissioning and qualification documentation
* Experience with rare diseases, neuromuscular diseases and/or gene therapy products
* Experience in a facility startup and licensure environment
* Experience in a commercial-ready gene therapy facility
* Experience in a small company and high growth, fast-paced environment
* Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off options, including Vacation and Sick time, plus national holidays including year-end shut down
* 401(k) match and annual company contribution
* Company paid life insurance
* Annual Corporate Bonus and Quarterly Sales Incentive for eligible positions
* Long Term Incentive Plan for eligible positions
* Referral bonus program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 17 hours ago
Posted about 14 hours ago
Posted about 14 hours ago
Sign in to subscribe to job alerts