There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
Do you have a passion for user-centered problem-solving and storytelling? Do you want to create visually engaging products that inspire, solve real problems, and evoke emotions? Then imagine what you can do working with a like-minded, multi-disciplinary team in our User Experience group.
Our growing User Experience team is seeking a passionate and talented Visual Designer who understands and appreciates digital design from a customer, stakeholder, and brand perspective. In this role, you will help influence our work that touches millions of lives across In-Vehicle interfaces (Digital Instrument Cluster, Touchscreens, Front and Rear Seat Infotainment and HUD). You must have the ability to adapt and develop digital brand character that is harmonious with the overall cockpit experience.
You will work on a team of multidisciplinary skills like researchers, product/visual designers and software engineers to synthesize Design and functional needs into our next generation of in-vehicle user interfaces and controls. Ideally the designs created in this space will provide our users with a simple yet solid connection to their in-vehicle technology and solidify our GM brands as leaders in this space.
This is a remote position, the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States. #LI-Remote
Additional Job DescriptionQualifications
- Collaborate closely with team members and cross functional teams to craft a world-class user experience across all our products and platforms for vehicle features
- Balance user needs, technical constraints, and business objectives to solve problems effectively.
- Develop Mood Boards and Design Guidelines
- Develop production graphics following design guidelines
- Release production graphics to Software engineering teams
- Create Prototypes
- Present work to peers and leadership
- Develop talent and share skills within the team
- Deliverables will include sketches, drawings, presentations, prototypes, storyboards and any other effective communication medium.
- 2+years' experience creating digital interfaces for web, mobile, or in-vehicle interfaces
- Formal training or degree in Visual Design or related discipline
- Successful track record for bringing digital products to market
- Ability to exercise restraint in design
- Proficient in common design tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite are must.
- Strong collaboration and communication with cross functional teams
- Candidate must provide a strong portfolio with work samples showcasing UX expertise, interaction, design, creativity, and depth of thought.
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape in this space
- Automotive User Interface portfolio is a plus
- Prototyping experience(Software and/or hardware development experience a plus)
- Usability testing experience (Heuristic evaluation, developing and executing test protocols)
- Solid understanding of technology and the product development lifecycle
- Comfortable with digital design tools
- Strong written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Zeplin and Sympli are plus. Ability to create animation is plus.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.Compensation:
- The median level of salary compensation for this role is $94,863 .
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.