What you'll do...
Walmart's mission is to innovate on retail with new technologies, to revolutionize how Walmart approaches digital commerce, and to deliver with speed and agility.
We are looking for a hands-on, results-oriented Tech Staff Product Managers (X-5) to join our Global Tech Product Management team. You will contribute to drive products within the Omni-Channel-Transportation space and create world-class omni-channel experience for our customers, enabling them to save money and time so they can live better.
What You'll Do At 'Walmart International' 'Omni-Channel Transportation Last Mile' Product Team:
- It is important to understand that "Walmart International" as a group is responsible for covering Walmart's businesses spanning over 46 banners in 24 countries outside United States
- In majority of these countries Walmart has a store for every 100,000 of the local population covering 90% of the population within 10 mile radius of a Walmart Store
- With such proximity of our customers to our Stores, we are better placed that any other competitor to enable timely delivery of grocery and general merchandize to our customers based on KPIs like on-time delivery and a great customer experience
- Within the larger eCommerce domain, Omni-Channel Last Mile is defined as the final leg of the customer order's journey, in which the merchandize is delivered to the customer
- As a cost component "Last Mile" domain can singlehandedly account for majority (up to 40%) of the end-to-end transportation costs borne by retailers
- Considering that this is the first point of actual human connect in the end-to-end lifecycle of an eCommerce order, the Last Mile execution decides if we leave the customer as a happy customer and therefore a future repeat customer
What you'll do:
- To keep Walmart's International brands competitive across the globe, you would be tasked with building the innovative Last Mile products like "most preferred gig platform", "a crowdsourced platform to connect other last mile delivery providers" to "products that drive the future of autonomous & drone deliveries"
- Experiencing exponential growth and a host of competition continuously raising the bar, Last Mile domain demands sharp Product Managers who are data oriented, run towards challenges and are ready to innovate, all while working with a vast array of stake holders ranging from Operations Teams to Data Sciences Teams. Do you have it in you?
- As a X-5 Tech Staff Product Manager you would be made responsible for growth opportunities that cut across multiple products and technical domains
- You will be expected to take on high-visibility projects that influence high-priority KPIs of the markets. You would be responsible for establishing the vision for cross-functional teams and supporting them in meeting Last Mile roadmap objectives
- You will need to establish yourself as a domain expert and proactively drive innovation in your area of ownership. As a Product Management Leader, you will be required to drive the thought leadership of your peers and leaders across multiple domains
- You will own, maintain, and continuously refine the product roadmap and strategy by reviewing our current capabilities to our future requirements based on technology trends in the Last Mile area
- Drive the product discovery for complex technical projects, translate strategic priorities into product roadmaps, and document functional and technical specifications.
- Define, measure, and create visibility into Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) using various data sources like stores, fulfillment centers, order management system, inventory management system, and customer behavior.
- Analyze capabilities, performance, and technical designs of in-house and external tools to influence build, leverage, and buy decisions and strengthen the supply chain area.
- Work with software engineering teams to develop multiple new technologies and technical project plans with many tiers or phases that require large scale organizational changes (i.e., new stores, fulfillment centers, sortation centers, site redesigns, migrations to new platforms and capabilities, etc.).
- Support the design and development of supply chain applications and internal tools using open-source technology and leveraging machine learning and optimization algorithms.
- Build robust technology solutions to solve complex business problems in the form of Supply Chain as a Service (SCAAS) using loosely coupled architecture.
- Translate product roadmaps into detailed use cases, process flows, and user stories for the engineering team.
- Work with business and operational stakeholders on scope tradeoff decisions, change management for product rollouts, and user acceptance testing.
- Monitor the progress and impact created by a new product or capability using various methods such as A/B testing and multivariate testing and using tools such as SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau, and R Studio to capitalize on improvement opportunities based on new learnings.
- This position does not supervise employees.
Minimum education and experience required:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, Engineering (any), or related field and 2 years of experience in product management, business consulting, or related field; OR Master's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, Engineering (any), or related field and 1 year of experience in product management, business consulting, or related field.
- Experience in "Supply Chain"/ "eCommerce"/ "Retail" domain and/or technologies would be given preference
- Experience creating product roadmaps, creating value-based release strategies, scope slicing, and breaking down complex products into prioritized backlogs for engineering teams in JIRA and Rally.
- Experience building products using Agile Methodology Methodologies: Scrum and Kanban.
- Experience taking products from ideation, piloting the products using multivariate testing and A/B testing, and leading full-scale launches and rollouts of the products.
- Experience driving process changes and change management by ensuring critical business issues and core product strategies are addressed in product decisions.
- Experience using the following analytics and reporting tools: Google Analytics, Tableau, SQL, Splunk, and R Studio.
About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor of Science and 5 years' product management experience OR Master of Science and 2 years' product management experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
This job has expired.