What you'll do:
Join the Litigation team to work with and support attorneys, case managers and leadership advising the Company in the tort practice area about legal rights, obligations and risks while developing litigation strategies to respond to legal issues and reduce costs for the Company. Collaborate with cross functional teams and play an important role in mitigating corporate risk by ensuring consistent implementation of company policies and practices.
You'll make an impact by:
· Providing support to attorneys and legal staff by managing legal processes; receiving and reviewing requests for information; and collecting, entering and maintaining legal information in various legal systems.
· Coordinating with outside counsel, witnesses, and internal subject matter experts; providing status updates on legal processes and responding to questions about legal matters.
· Helping maintain, operationalize and update standard operating procedures and best practices on various legal processes including legal discovery and Company systems and access.
· Demonstrating and maintaining knowledge of general and specific legal areas, particularly in the tort practice area.
· Ensuring that attorneys are aware of pending deadlines; assisting with budgeting and invoice review.
· Assisting attorneys with legal research and analysis by identifying necessary information and helping determine relevant facts to support legal arguments; helping attorneys ensure that legal documents comply with applicable laws and regulations.
· Distributing document retention notices.
· Assisting with conducting custodial interviews; drafting legal documents for responses to stakeholders on behalf of and in consultation with attorneys.
· Adhering to standard discovery procedures, quality assurance requirements and operational systems; enforcing Walmart's Outside Counsel guidelines in conjunction with case team members; collaborating with eDiscovery resources to help manage ESI strategy, contain costs and meet case objectives.
· Maintaining security and confidentiality of sensitive information, data and communications.
· Drafting, proofreading and updating presentations, reports and templates.
You'll sweep us off our feet if…
· You have experience as a paralegal in the tort practice area
· You are comfortable with technology and how to leverage systems and tools to improve processes
· You are organized, detail-oriented, and calm under pressure
· You are process-minded and look for opportunities to streamline for improved efficiency and effectiveness
· You have strong communication skills to interact with senior leadership and stakeholders
· You have experience working with cross-functional teams
· A nationally recognized paralegal certification or an ABA-accredited paralegal degree or a law degree from an accredited program or 2 years' experience as a paralegal, legal analyst, or related area performing the tasks as described above.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.A nationally recognized paralegal certification or an ABA accredited paralegal degree AND 1 years' experience as a paralegal, legal analyst, or
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.Paralegal in a law firm or corporate environmentBachelors: Law