What you'll do...
Walmart's Workforce Management (WFM) area is responsible for the global solutions which forecast and calculate the labor demand, schedule our Associates, offer flexibility options to our Associates and analytic platforms for insights and decision-making. Walmart is investing in transforming these spaces with latest technology and we are looking for talented individual who can use their engineering and leadership skills to help our teams solve complex problems.
We are seeking a Senior Manager II, who will lead a full stack software engineering team and a WFM functional implementation team. You will be part of the application development team in leading software implementation and design, solving, and reviewing products that enable self-service, cutting edge technology to give best insights to our Associates around the globe as well as leading a team of WFM experts which implement and configure solutions which enable the largest employer in the world to best serve our Associates and our Customers.
You'll sweep us off our feet if…
- You're a problem solver
- You're experienced with big data architecture
- You have a great eye for detail and can articulate the specifics of quality design while enforcing engineering principles
- You're organized, disciplined, and can manage large projects simultaneously
- You have high standards for code quality and can hold contributors accountable
- You're stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
What you'll do...
Lead the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers in software development and design, identifying short- and long- term solutions and timeline; reviewing and approving proposed solutions, implementing new architectural patterns; and performing design and code reviews of changes.
- Provides support to the business for new and existing systems by responding to user questions, concerns, and issues (for example, technical feasibility); researching and identifying needed solutions; determining implementation designs; providing guidance regarding implications of new and enhanced systems; and directing users to appropriate contacts for issues outside of own domain.
- Troubleshoots business and production issues by gathering information (for example, issue, impact, criticality); performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues; engaging support teams when needed; developing solutions; driving the development of an action plan; performing actions as designated in the plan; and completing online documentation.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans by providing expert advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
What you'll bring...
·Technical Solutions Architecture and design leadership
- Create, communicate, and execute strategies for your team which support the area's technical vision
- Strong interest in learning Walmart retail business and Workforce Management practices
·Strong Java, Spring framework, Kafka, SQL and cloud experience such as GCP
·Strong API design, development, and management
- Clear Communication, including the ability simplify complex problems and solutions for easy comprehension
- Ability to multitask between several different requirements and features concurrently
- Experience with cloud native technology, CI/CD
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Superior analytical skills with a good problem-solving attitude
- Ability to perform in a team environment
- Have a true passion about Technology. It's a must!
Who We Are...
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling
more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the
world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695
stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11
countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs
approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a
leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity.
It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and
bringing value to customers and communities around the world
About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life
easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's
what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software
engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the
world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our
customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others,
innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always
been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our
innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.
Location: Reston, VA or Bentonville, AR
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 5 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 7 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
2 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America
This job has expired.