What you'll do...
Job Description for Director Software Engineering - Ad Tech - R-999264
- Executes engineering projects by developing resource planning for business roadmap in advance; removing barriers to success; ensuring others have the information, training, resources, and implementation time needed to succeed; developing and upgrading work assignments and processes to accomplish goals across functions, organizations, and geographies; reviewing project progress against timeline; and developing and communicating logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, to build commitment and support.
- Reduces customer impact (for example, sales loss) due to applications systems issues by ensuring high quality using quality standards; measuring sales loss and performing root cause analysis; publishing results; and developing future prevention plan.
- Develops and executes technical software development strategy for ecommerce applications and systems using current business roadmap by analyzing competitive trends and patterns; analyzing the technology landscape; evaluating short- and long-term implications; and communicating strategies and change initiatives clearly.
- Drives continuous process improvement and innovation by identifying inefficiencies in current processes; improving agility of the team; and adopting industry trends for innovation.
- Ensures product quality by developing and executing quality assurance plan; using data and experience to determine customer needs; directing continuous improvement and eliminating non-value-added work; measuring milestones for quality; and developing mitigation plans to ensure quality.
- Provides overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs; developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing business strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning.
- Develops and implements strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce by diagnosing capability gaps; recruiting, selecting, and developing talent; supporting mentorship, workforce development, and succession planning; and leveraging the capabilities of new and existing talent. Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices; developing consequences for violations or non-compliance; and supporting the Open Door Policy.
- Develops and leverages internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals by sponsoring and leading key community outreach and involvement initiatives; engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building and driving engineering teams in the Advertising Technology or Digital Marketing domains
- Experience executing complex projects involving multiple teams with interdependencies
- Experience building and integrating with subsystems such as Demand Side Platform, Supply Side platform, Data Management Platform, Audience Segmentation
- Experience scaling Engineers across multiple teams with end-to-end focus including Engineering excellence such as Quality, observability, scalability, Security and Availability
- Experience integrating with partners in the Digital Marketing and Advertising space through data feeds, API integration and other approaches
- Experience with identifying strategy and executing migration from legacy to modern platform platforms
- Experience with tools to support lifecycle of an advertising campaign including Opportunity Tracking, Campaign Setup/Management, Audience building, Order Management, Creative workflow, Billing/invoicing, reporting and data management
- Experience with leading technology platforms such as Google Ad Manager, The Trade Desk, App Nexus, Live Intent, Wovenmedia, Sales Force, Adbook, Placement.io
- Experience with data warehousing technologies such as Google BigQuery, Azure Synapse, Azure DataFactory. Experience with Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Experience with building experiences for eCommerce Websites is a plus
- Experience with building scalable microservices for high traffic, high volume eCommerce websites is a plus
- Ideal candidate has spent time at leading digital marketing and advertising players such as Yahoo, Criteo, Meta, Google or the advertising arms of retailers
Live our Values
* Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
* Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent
Curiosity & Courage
* Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
* Drives continuous improvements, supervises the adoption of new technology, and supports digital disruption in line with Walmart's business model.
Deliver for the Customer
* Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans and initiatives.
* Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and implementing strategies.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
* Supports strategies and drives initiatives that attract and retain diverse and inclusive talent; builds high-performing teams; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
* Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
* Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, builds the talent pipeline, fosters an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
As permitted by applicable law, provide evidence of full vaccination as defined by CDC guidelines OR secure approval of medical or religious accommodation for the vaccination mandate., Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 8 years' experience in software
engineering or related field.
3 years' supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 5 years' experience in software engineering
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
This job has expired.