What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. As a Merchandising Analyst, you'll serve as an advocate for our customers and see the products you buy come to life in stores and online. Part visionary and part strategist, you'll be the expert for your category and leverage the scale and access of the Walmart system to truly impact the business and the lives of millions of customers worldwide. Along the way, you'll be guided by our deep-rooted culture with the support and tools you need to do your best work.
The Merchandising Development Program (MDP) is 12-month rotational program teaching merchandising fundamentals. Program participants rotate through four business units and conclude with a capstone project. Associates learn about merchandising fundamentals, replenishment, planning and business analytics, ecommerce, and private brands. During the year long program associates have mentor support and develop leadership fundamentals. At the conclusion of the program associates will move into a role in merchandising as an Associate Merchant or into Merchandising Operations as a Planner or Replenishment Manager.
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- You can demonstrate professional judgment throughout your recommendations, decisions, priority-setting, and analysis of improvement opportunities
- You are focused on execution and results as showcased by your pursuit of achieving performance objectives
- You are always planning for and improving performance
- You are adaptable professionally, demonstrating creativity and strength in the face of challenges
- You are skilled in building relationships that are trusting, collaborative, cross-functionally
You'll make an impact by:
Benefits & Perks:
- Setting the category strategy: you'll establish strategy, manage budgets to drive profitable growth, and use vision and creativity to impact the customer experience
- Building relationships: you'll use your influencing and leadership skills to build partnerships with suppliers, vendors, business partners and other Associate Merchants
- Making decisions: you'll make decisions about nearly every aspect of your products including replenishment, supply chain, manufacturers, store operations, planning, assortment, layouts, budgets, modular, and pricing
- Designing, developing, and launching products: you'll work with our Product Development and Sourcing team to create new products for Private Brands
- Knowing your category: you'll know your customers and supplier better than anyone and are always thinking about what is next for your business
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business, Merchandising, or related field.
Option 2: 2 years' experience in merchandising, buying, financial planning, operations, or related area.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Microsoft Office, Negotiating with third-party suppliers, Pricing, site merchandising, planning or inventory, or related areaPrimary Location...
702 SW 8TH ST, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
"We advocate for our customers, provide opportunity to our employees, and support efforts that better the lives of millions of people." - Hannah, Sourcing ManagerHello, NW Arkansas
With over 200 miles of trails, an emerging locally-sourced food scene, the world-renowned Crystal Bridges Museum-NWA has something for everyone.
This job has expired.