Position/Job Title: Unit Software Technician - Senior
Location: Hill Air Force Base, Utah
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is looking for a Unit Software Technician - Senior. The candidate shall manage unit software assets and licenses as designated Unit Software License Managers (USLMs). This candidate shall manage organization software assets IAW AFMAN 17-1203 and the AFB ITAM Plan. Candidate USLM shall be accountable for all assigned software assets within 75ABW/SC. The USLM shall be appointed in writing to the Government. The candidate will forward USLM appointment letter containing the names and signatures of primary USLMs to the Base Software License Manager (BSLM) within 10 days of contract award or new appointment. When a USLM requires replacement, the candidate shall notify the supported unit with the appointee info in order to obtain a new USLM appointment letter signed by the unit commander. A new software inventory is required to be completed within 30 calendar days anytime a new USLM is appointed. The candidate shall conduct inventories when directed by the BSLM. The candidate shall maximize the use of electronic inventories when practical. Software inventory reporting will be required upon request from the Government. The candidate shall receive USLM training from the BSLM within 30 calendar days of initial appointment and annually thereafter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- Register and document all unit software licenses and proof of purchase.
- Manages all software for 75 th ABW/SC.
- Perform an annual unit software inventory for the owning unit APO.
- Obtain unit APO certification of the annual unit software inventory and submit to the Base Software License Manager (BSLM).
- Manage unit requests for software using the Government-provided AIS.
- Comply with BSLM processes and requirements for software tracking and reporting.
- Track and validate unit software at the discretion of the unit APO.
- Complete the required training as directed by the BSLM.
- Conduct recurring audit of organizational computers as prescribed in AFMAN 17-1203.
- Report compliance with AFMAN 17-1203 requirements with applicable self-inspection checklists.
- Acts as unit representative for all Software request from 75 ABW/SC personnel.
- Attend applicable SC meetings such as the Enclave and CFP meetings to discuss issues with software management within the unit.
- Engage with CSLs with regard to Cyber Security vulnerabilities.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be a U.S. Citizen. Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline. (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- 5+ Years demonstrated/practical hands-on experience.
- There are no DoD 8570 requirements for this position.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
DoD active security clearance may be required at a high-level security. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Physical Requirements:
Work will require a fair amount of travel as well as sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary:
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is a SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.