Unit Coordinator 1, Per Diem Days open at Longwood
Under the general direction of the Nurse Director, The Unit Coordinator is vital to the team and will perform clinical/clerical duties and function as the primary communication source of the nursing unit.
Mass Eye and Ear, Longwood is multi-specialty, ambulatory care center providing comprehensive and sub-specialty eye, ear, nose, throat and facial plastics care.
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge of physical, social and cultural dimensions with consideration of developmental, chronological and maturational needs of patients.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality of all patient information without interfering with effective communication.
- Respects dignity of patient when interacting with the patient in a kind, gentle and respectful manner.
- Answers telephone promptly, identifies unit, self and directs call to appropriate personnel.
- Acts as a focus of communication in the department, regarding patient call activities, patient location and provides information and direction regarding same.
- Addresses the visitor and hospital personnel in an efficient and respectful manner.
- Utilizes tact and diplomacy when interfacing with members of other departments.
- Accepts constructive criticism in a positive manner and participates in active goal setting with Nurse Director.
- Seeks assistance from Director, Clinical leader or Supervisor when confronted by unusual or difficult situations.
- Familiarizes self with all safety and security codes and procedures. Including STAT page.
- Arranges transport services and follows through in a timely fashion.
- Appropriately reports damaged broken or missing equipment.
- Files medical record components in designated locations.
- Performs as messenger when requested.
- Assists in the orientation of new personnel on the unit as assigned.
- Maintain appropriate attendance and punctuality standards in line with policy.
- Maintains a supply of chart components and patient information sheets. Reorders proactively.
- Maintains inventories to meet regular daily and emergency needs.
- Matches receiving slips to supplies delivered.
- Maintains cleanliness and order of work area.
- Maintains adequate clerical supplies to meet the needs of the department
- Assembles packets of patient information
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma / GED required.
- Able to communicate very effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Minimum one year experience in a healthcare environment performing similar duties.
- Basic computer knowledge.
Mass General Brigham and Mass Eye and Ear is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.