You're not the person who will settle for just any role. Neither are we. Because we're out to create Better Care for a Better World, and that takes a certain kind of person and teams who care about making a difference. Here, you'll bring your professional expertise, talent, and drive to building and managing our portfolio of iconic, ground-breaking brands. In this role, you'll help us deliver better care for billions of people around the world. It starts with YOU.
The Toxicology Capability Lead provides guidance and leadership for computational toxicology programs, and conducts human health safety assessments of consumer, cosmetic, personal care, hygiene, medical device, and professional products globally. The incumbent will conduct and successfully direct product safety and health risk assessment programs, compliance to safety standards and regulations, and stewardship initiatives on a range products and components through all phases of development, commercialization, and post-market surveillance. This position is in Neenah, WI, but remote options will also be considered.
In this role, you will:
- Provide direction and guidance to development and maintenance of a comprehensive computational toxicology program for assessment of human health and environmental endpoints on K-C raw materials, ingredients and finished products. This includes selection, incorporation, and maintenance of approaches and software tools and systems, as well as training and documentation of programmatic approaches and full incorporation into work streams.
- Conduct and communicate human health safety risk assessments on a broad range of products, including the substantiation of safety-related claims and taking into consideration identified hazards and exposure according to the intended product use. This includes assessment of scientific literature, evaluation of the toxicological database, determination of appropriate toxicological and other safety endpoints, design hazard analysis, failure mode analysis, exposure assessments, clinical evaluation and written documentation.
- Lead and manage the design, monitoring and interpretation of chemical characterization analyses, in vitro and in vivo toxicology, safety testing, and biocompatibility conducted under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and when applicable, clinical studies conducted under Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
- Provide expert guidance to product development teams to minimize product hazards, effectively manage residual risk and ensure compliance with governmental safety requirements. Develop and lead continuous improvement programs of broad impact and business relevance related to the safety of K-C products.
- Effectively communicate and advocate product safety-related positions and influence scientific thought with global regulatory bodies, scientific community, Key Opinion Leaders, non-governmental organizations, and trade associations and in support of potential litigation situations.
- Author and effectively communicate product safety guidance and regulatory toxicology compliance information, safety point-of-view papers and human health risk assessments to internal and/or external technical experts, regulatory reviewers as well as functional and business unit leaders, program management and all levels of the business community. Develop and maintain open lines of communication and partnership to the product development community, business leaders, and other corporate functions such as Legal, Quality, Regulatory, and Communications is required.
- Effectively support life cycle management through collaboration with cross-functional teams to review and respond to safety post-market surveillance data, including review of individual complaints, complaint trending and analysis, product non-conformances, with documented medical or causality assessments for regulatory authorities, risk-benefit analysis, health risk assessment and risk management activities.
- Maintain a high level of scientific expertise in toxicology, safety risk assessment (including non-chemical hazards) and K-C product categories by reviewing literature, attending medical and scientific meetings through personal interchanges with consultants, thought leaders, regulators and internal subject matter experts. Develop and maintain specialized knowledge in skin health across age populations, men and women's urogenital health, microbiology and infection. Provide mentorship and technical leadership to junior team members.
- Conduct her or himself in accordance with Kimberly-Clark leadership behaviors and corporate policies and procedures with an expectation to maintain and enhance their technical, professional, leadership and communication skills through professional development and participation in scientific conferences and meetings, publication of appropriate work in peer-reviewed journals and other aspects of technical and leadership development. Basic Qualifications:
At Kimberly-Clark, you'll be part of the best teams committed to driving innovation and growth. We're founded on 150 years of market leadership, and we're always looking for new and better ways to perform-so what can you do with that? There's no time like the present to make an impact at Kimberly-Clark. It's all here for you at Kimberly-Clark.
Led by Purpose. Driven by You.
You're driven to perform at the highest level possible, and you appreciate a performance culture fueled by authentic caring. You want to be part of a company actively dedicated to sustainability, inclusion, wellbeing, and career development.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following qualifications:
Degree in toxicology, pharmacology, biomedical or related scientific field of study with prior relevant experience:
- Bachelor's degree with 7+ years of experience, or
- Master's degree with 5+ years of experience, or
- PhD, MD, DVM with 3+ years of experience
- Demonstrated experience in computational toxicology, including usage of multiple software approaches and programs, communication, usage and storage of results and model building to provide scientific basis for estimation and corroboration of human health and environmental hazard profiling.
- Demonstrated proficiency in authoring quantitative health risk assessments on a range of product types and the ability to independently design and implement effective testing strategies and protocols to identify potential human health hazards through accepted or novel scientific methods and techniques.
Comprehensive knowledge in regulatory science, risk assessment practices, post-market surveillance, risk management and quality management system requirements (e.g. ISO, USFDA, EU, US EPA, CPSC, etc.) associated with the development, commercialization and manufacture of medical device, OTC/quasi drug, biocides, cosmetic and consumer products in global markets.
Here are a few of the benefits you'd enjoy. For a complete overview, see www.mykcbenefits.com.
Great support for good health with medical, dental, and vision coverage options. No waiting periods or pre-existing condition restrictions. Access to an on-site fitness center, occupational health nurse, and allowances for high-quality safety equipment.
Flexible Savings and spending accounts to maximize health care options and stretch dollars when caring for yourself or dependents.
Diverse income protection insurance options to protect yourself and your family in case of illness, injury, or other unexpected events.
Additional programs and support to continue your education, adopt a child, relocate, or even find temporary childcare.
For Kimberly-Clark to grow and prosper, we must be an inclusive organization that applies the diverse experiences and passions of its team members to brands that make life better for people all around the world. We actively seek to build a workforce that reflects the experiences of our consumers. When you bring your original thinking to Kimberly-Clark, you fuel the continued success of our enterprise. We are a committed equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role are available upon request. You may contact 866-444-4516 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. You must include the six digit Job # with your request.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
This job has expired.