Requisition Number: 45570
Location: Boulder Colorado
Employment Type: Research Faculty
Schedule: Part Time
Posting Close Date: 24-Jan-2023
The Barnard Ecohydrology Lab is seeking a highly-skilled temporary hourly research assistant.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As the University's oldest institute, INSTAAR has a long history of responding to pressing environmental issues including climate change. Our traditional focus has been on alpine, Arctic, and Antarctic regions, where effects of global change are especially pronounced. In recent decades, our research has broadened to include environmental challenges that span local, regional, and global scales. INSTAAR’s research activities integrate field studies, state-of-the-art laboratory experiments, sample analysis, and numerical and laboratory modeling. Our field sites are located across all seven continents and the world's oceans.
Our expertise across disciplines helps us generate influential science that can inform public and policy decisions and move us toward a more sustainable society. INSTAAR's national and international research leadership is augmented by exceptional strength in graduate education and bringing undergraduates into the research process.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
What You Should Know
- This employee will complete digital signal processing, spectral analysis, and time series analysis (especially Fourier analysis) related to videos of trees swaying in the wind.
- In addition to analyzing videos and associated data, the employee will review current literature related to tree sway frequency and period, and write or contribute to scientific manuscripts for peer-review in appropriate scientific journals.
What We Can Offer
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
- The temporary employee in this position will be paid $25/hour.
- Hours will vary between 20-40 hours per week for a maximum of three months.
Temporary positions at the University of Colorado are not benefits-eligible, however, all positions are eligible for paid sick leave
. Be Statements
Be ambitious. Be groundbreaking. Be Boulder. What We Require
What You Will Need
- Master's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience with the Python programming language.
- Skilled with pandas, numby, matplotlib, scipy.signal libraries.
- Detailed knowledge of programming in Python.
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing, spectral analysis, and time series analysis.
- Comfortable working with Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Comfortable composing shell scripts.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Resume or CV.
This position will remain open until 1/24/2023.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: https://www.colorado.edu/jobs/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Temporary-Researcher/45570
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency