If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Telemetry Technician (U) provides indirect patient care by monitoring the telemetry of patients with continuous cardiac monitoring as ordered by the physician. An employee in this position also monitors cardiac functions and communicates all findings to the assigned nurse. Additionally, the incumbent effectively communicates all changes in heart rhythm.
Up to $5,000 Sign-on Bonus
Work Location: UHealth Tower
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Observes the cardiac rhythms on the monitors on a continuous basis during the shift.
- Recognizes interference and is able to correct the problem as observed by the nurse.
- Recognizes and immediately reports dysrhythmias to the appropriate staff.
- Records monitor strips on all patients every 4 hours. Documents PR interval, rate, and rhythm on the recorded strip every 4 hours.
- Assures that all telemetry monitor alarms are on at all times.
- Retrieves rhythms stored in memory upon request.
- Oversees supply inventory and reports malfunctioning equipment.
- Complies with the employee code of ethics and standards of behavior.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
High school diploma or equivalentCertification and Licensing:
Certification in relevant specialty or fieldExperience:
Minimum 5 years of relevant experienceKnowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to work evenings, nights, and weekends as necessary.
- Commitment to the University's core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: