INNOVATION AND COMMERCIALIZATI (UA-ICO-IUBLA)
The core purpose of the Vice President for Research Office (VPRO) is to empower the Indiana University community to create knowledge and advance discoveries that can benefit Hoosiers and have global societal impact. IU's cutting-edge research, sponsored by federal and state agencies, and by corporations and foundations, contributes to the medical, environmental, social and cultural well-being of the state. By transforming IU research into products, services and partnerships, we help Indiana's economy grow. The Innovation and Commercialization Office (ICO) , a part of the VPRO, is committed to providing timely, solution-focused service to faculty, students and staff to translate their innovation to impactful products and services for consumers and support economic development. ICO works closely with faculty, industry and the entrepreneurial community in Indiana to take IU innovations to market by supporting IP management, marketing and licensing and providing startup support when needed.
- Serves as an integral member of the ICO Team and supports the ICO Commercialization Manager team.
- Identifies industry partners with an interest in commercializing scientific technologies.
- Prepares marketing materials in consultation with the licensing manager and the inventor.
- Plans, manages and executes marketing activities, and uses the web and social media for promoting the technologies in the portfolio.
- Enhances marketing processes and is responsible for web and digital marketing efforts for new technologies.
- Manages the ICO website, ensuring it is updated and accurate.
- Serves as a liaison between ICO and other Communication groups to ensure that new content is created and shared broadly with the goal of promoting IU innovations.
- Works closely and interacts effectively with inventors, staff, and external entities (companies, consultants), demonstrating sound technical and functional judgement, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Manages medium to large projects, from start to finish, ensuring on time completion within budget.
- Develops project plan(s) and efficiently analyzes, tracks, forecasts, and reports on project metrics and shortfalls.
- Coordinates and facilitates efforts of project team(s) consisting of various staff and hourly employees.
- Communicates ongoing changes in tasks, goals, or performance.
- Collaborates to ensure that project objectives are achieved within established time frames.
- Participates in client meetings, vendor/contract decisions, and development of project requirements and specifications.
- May provide guidance and support to less experienced peers.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- 2 years of relevant experience.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Highly thorough and dependable.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
Bloomington, Indiana or Indianapolis, Indiana
This position is eligible for remote work or to work a hybrid schedule (mix between remote and in-person work), subject to change in the future based on university policy and business needs. Job Classification
Career Level: Career
Job Function: General Administration
Job Family: Project Management
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us
This job has expired.