What you'll do...
Walmart is hiring Specialty Equipment Technicians to work on Food Equipment and other specialty equipment and assets.
- In this role you must be able to diagnose and repair commercial equipment as needed to support our Walmart stores
- This position will not only help to repair equipment but will also help to develop Preventative Maintenance schedules and conduct training for internal technicians and Store Associates
- In this role you will need to be able to install and program new equipment
- An ideal candidate must be able to work independently without direct supervision and take responsibility for assigned equipment
- Effective communication is key in this role as you will be working with Store Associates, Maintenance Associates and Walmart Operations and Facility Services leadership
- Maintain Preventative Maintenance & Reactive service of all food service trades in a region of approximately 28 Walmart stores
- Complete and adhere to all training requirements to safely operate and maintain food service equipment
- Must be able to log into and utilize industry standard work order management system to accept and complete work requests.
- Provide regular hands-on training regarding care and cleaning of equipment to both store associates and General Maintenance technicians
- Conduct daily inspections after service by walking the food service areas checking for cleanliness and equipment in need of repair
- Evaluate equipment condition and submit recommendations for replacement to management
- Develop and maintain parts inventory required to support all food equipment repairs in the assigned area
- Assist with the execution of GM Trade reactive repair work orders as dictated by business needs
Required Work Experience:
- 5+ years of service experience in commercial Food Equipment
- Familiarity with operating and performing service of equipment including programming and installation
Preferred Work Experience:
- Job Specific Experience with servicing equipment from major industry manufacturers (Hobart, Rational, Oliver, Giles, Bizerba, TRUE, Custom Deli, Fri-jada, AWI, etc.)
- 10+ years of experience in commercial Food Equipment
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Vocational or Technical certification and 3 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade or 5 years' experience in one of the following trades: plumbing, electrical, material handling equipment, or related trade.
Valid Driver's License.
Eligible for a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Completion of a 2-year Vocational or Technical trade program, License in related trade in city and/or state where job is located, Using intermediate level functionality of word processing, spreadsheet, email, and presentation software (for example, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
360 HARBISON BLVD, COLUMBIA, SC 29212-2248, United States of America
This job has expired.