Join the largest manufacturer of tile and natural stone in the United States and watch your career stand out with Dal-Tile, a subsidiary of Mohawk Industries.
Our close-knit team of dedicated professionals has made us the success we are today. In exchange for their hard work, we support our people with a family-friendly work environment, a commitment to promoting from within, unique benefits that go beyond just medical and dental, and a belief that every employee deserves a productive life outside of work. If this sounds outstanding to you, take the first step forward and explore a career with Dal-Tile.
Dal-Tile is currently seeking an eager and motivated Technical Supervisor to join our TEAM! As an Technical Supervisor, we need someone who is ready to provide a variety of support such as evaluates new processes, manager quality control, glaze preparation, technical operations, process reliability and improvements
Major Function and Scope
- Lead the development /modification/design of programs to produce existing colors and new design concept created by R&D
- Will continuously review, train and communicate the performance of direct reports, as well as engage in open dialogue to set the path for career milestones and increased technical knowledge.
- Implement and maintain 5S, standard work and other lean manufacturing principles.
- Responsible for continuously reviewing facility performance, leading root cause analysis and creating immediate corrective action plans with the team to close gaps.
- Bridge all communication gaps between all departments to ensure proper flow from raw materials to finished goods
- Capable to develop and adjust concept design for new or existing products
- Recipe, Process condition, SOP and safety consideration, etc.
- Training production operators and / or technicians
- Follow up production runs with required adjustments until stable results are achieved
- Partner with Quality control to verify technical specifications are acceptable
- Indirectly manage ready mixture mezzanine (for robot) including training and documentation
- Support production trouble shooting to include recipe and process conditions
- Develop cost optimistic productivity
- Any other duties as required.
Experience and Knowledge Required
1+ years supervisory/operations experience preferred. Requires Robotics Experience.
Requires a mechatronics degree or equivalent experience with knowledge of ceramic or quartz industry.
Core competencies include strong communications skills, organization, data analysis and interpretation, and ability to prioritize. Ability to train, coach and problem solve. Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
Other Pertinent Job Information
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee may sit, climb, balance, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
We offer competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, career opportunities, and an environment of creativity and growth. Examples include: Company Match on 401k, Employee Purchase Discount, and Tuition Reimbursement.
Dal-Tile is a proud supporter of our U.S. military, veterans and their families - Thank You for Your Service!
Active military, transitioning service members and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
This job has expired.