Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
The Machine Shop Technical Supervisor is responsible for staffing management; tooling/fixture design and fabrication; project management; safe, efficient, and effective completion of machining tasks and projects including machine builds. The supervisor makes appropriate sourcing decisions to meet quality, project, timeline and budget objectives. Design and machine shop operations supports multiple ACUS facilities and may operate on more than one shift.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Safe operation of all equipment
- Compliance with the Quality Management System - including but not limited to design documentation and control, process documentation, calibration, preventive maintenance, and training
- Balanced Scorecard (BSC) alignment of objectives and performance management of direct reports including manual and CNC machinists, machine builders, CAD designer.
- Secure, train, mentor and advance machinists for all areas of responsibility
- Daily management of resources - scheduling, time reporting, performance management, selection and management of outside service providers.
- Support staff, other engineers, operations managers, purchasing, receiving, finance personnel
- Manage supply and inventory of raw materials and equipment needed by the machine shop
- Operational Effectiveness to meet internal customer requirements for designs, tooling and equipment
- Design and fabrication of tooling, fixtures, machined components
- Design documentation of complex equipment
- Project Management (timeline and budget)
- Preventive Maintenance of all assigned equipment
- Efficient communication with internal customers relative to schedules and deliverables
- Determination of internal vs external sourcing to meet capability, cost and time requirements
- Other duties as required
Skills and Abilities
- 7-10 years of experience in a design, machine shop, machine building organization
- Demonstrated leadership capability and/or high potential to drive a high performing organization
- Technical capability to design, build and debug CAD/CAM, tooling, fixtures.
- Associates or bachelor's degree in a relevant engineering field is highly desirable
- Certifications in design, machining, welding, project management, resource management will be considered
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- CAD expertise (AutoCAD Inventor)
- CAM Expertise
- Machining experience / expertise
- Lean / Waste Reduction
- Effective Leadership to achieve BSC results across shifts, departments, and locations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.
This job has expired.