ECS is seeking a Technical Specialist to work in our Gettysburg, PA office.
The Technical Specialist will be responsible for overseeing ServiceNow incident management system by assigning cases to appropriate groups, performing research and oversight on case follow-up. The Technical Specialist will be the Point of Contact for Staff Questions and will work closely with the Technical Manager.
- Hotline Management cases - perform research; assign to appropriate groups or contact appropriate SMEs
- Give priority to cases during the following filing windows (email notifications will be sent):
- LMS - Children's TV Programming Reports
- Form 477
- Fee Filer - Annual Regulatory Fees
- IA/Form 1876
- SLA notifications - research to see if action needs taken
- Follow up on cases for staff out of the office
- Re-assign PSQ or Inquiry Support cases for out-of-office staff
- Assist with PSQ or Inquiry Support backlogs
- Report any SLA issues to management
- Quickly and effectively communicate relevant systems issues and trends to project/technical managers and developers
- Review Daily SLA Reports; follow up on outstanding cases
- Check the Fax Email Box; update any associated cases
- Check the Licensing Support Email Box; update any associated cases
- Provide guidance on questions or directing which SME handles the inquiry.
- Assist with taking calls during queue situations. Requires monitoring staffing levels availability in Cisco Supervisor Desktop while working on other projects.
- Handle Technical Support Cases (on a case-by-case basis)
- Advise the Service Desk of any known system issues with the computer or phone systems
- Coordinate any non-urgent matters during break or lunch times.
- Send alerts to the hotline staff when there are any known system issues.
- Provide supervisory coverage when the Project Manager and Technical Manager are not available.
- Review the Daily Digest to keep abreast of rule changes and initiatives that would impact the hotline
- Monitor break schedules and phone staffing throughout the day to ensure proper coverage.
- Report to PM and TM on systems issues and common filing problems encountered during previous week - due Mondays by 10:30 am
- Review cases for the following groups to see if they can be resolved or if you need to contact person assigned for status:
- OPIF Help
- WCB or WTB Form 477 (during last week of filing window; week prior to filing window)
- FRN Support
- Pull Phone Recordings for Report Cards
- Prepare Call Monitoring Sheets
- Assist with Reporting
- Assist with New Hire Training
- Attend meetings on new or enhanced deployments
- Review Public Notices to compile a list of questions
- Review any webinars to see what the public is asking
- Assist FCC and technical staff with Testing deployments
- Assist the technical manager with preparing manuals/trainings for hotline staff.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Must have a High School Diploma
- Excellent customer service practices
- Excellent attendance record with the ability to be flexible
- Ability to interpret and apply applicable rules, policies, and procedures
- Ability to prepare written documents using correct punctuation, grammar, and spelling
- Ability to use personal computers and Microsoft Office computer software applications
- Experienced with database imports, documentation and explanation of the tables.
- Experienced with Pop-up blocker settings
- Experienced with clearing cache
- Must be versed in all General questions from the hotline.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
This job has expired.