This position is division-focused sales and marketing targeting specific products or market groups assisting the Dealer Sales Manager to increase market penetration and profitability within a given geographic area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct, coordinate, supervise and solicit sale of company's products and represent the company in accordance with its marketing philosophy and sales policies on a national and international basis.
- Coordinate and communicate territory information with Dealer Sales Managers.
- Solicit orders from current as well as prospective customers for all company products.
- Aggressively seek new customers, territories, and distribution channels.
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, regional and national trade shows for promotion and improvement of division's products.
- Make regular periodic personal contact with Architects, Engineers, Customers, Distributors and Field Sales Personnel.
- Comply, recommend and assist in establishing company-selling and credit policies for fulfillment of the company's objectives and for maximum sales profitability.
- Assist corporate and division management in developing sales forecasts/backlog reports, territory potentials, sales analyses, or other reports as may be requested.
- Maintain the best personal demeanor, professional integrity and high standards to convey a good image at all times when conducting company business or attending meetings.
- Maintain all required paperwork in a current and timely manner, i.e., trip reports, expense reports, special sales/marketing reports, customer work files, resolution of customer contracts and contract administration/credit approval customer files.
- Provide weekly itinerary to be distributed each Monday morning.
- Comply, recommend improvement, where necessary and establish new company-selling policies where current deficient for fulfillment of company objectives and for maximum profitable sales.
- Monitor, prepare sales audits and analyses of present and prospective customers in accordance with company's requirements.
- Submit, any special reports as directed by corporate or division management.
- Direct, coordinate, supervise and solicit sales of company's products and represent the company in accordance with its marketing philosophy and sales policies on a national and international basis.
- Coordinate and communicate territory with Dealer Sales Managers.
- Utilizes V2I to report account activity and sales calls.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks at hand
- MS Office proficient
- High energy, self-motivated
- Ability to work with little day-to-day supervision
- Blueprint reading knowledge
- Knowledge of local building codes
- Ability to take direction
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Extended periods of computer input.
Low physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend, stoop, lift, and walk.
Maximum unassisted lift 35 lbs, average lift less than 10 lbs.
Requires ability to use a keyboard, monitor and calculator.
Requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in person and on the telephone.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Office environment.
Inside average office environment.
Average office noise levels.
No personal protective equipment required.
Ambient temperature between 68• and 76•Benefits
As part of the Dayton family, you will enjoy competitive pay and a benefit package designed to offer convenience and security to our employees and their families. Our total compensation package includes:
• medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
• retirement plan
• tuition reimbursement
• short and long term disability programs
If we sound like your kind of people, we want to hear from you! Apply today!
Dayton Superior Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Disabled/Veteran.