As CohnReznick grows, so do our outstanding career opportunities. As one of the nation's top public accounting and business advisory firms, you can be part of industry-leader in Advisory, Assurance, and Tax services that values innovation and collaboration in everything we do!
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for an Tax Director to join our team in the Boston office. This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees are expected to alternate time between both remote and office. At CohnReznick, we believe in creating the conditions in which everyone can do their best work, collaborate, learn and build community. This results in our ability to create opportunities for our people, make a difference for our clients and strengthen our internal and external communities.
This position will support our Financial Services Group. You will work closely on a mid-sized team with other Associates, Senior Associates Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners. This team has a passion for what they do with the potential of offering a positive impact to our clients.
Work-Life Blend: Up to 30 days of PTO depending on level & 17 days of paid holiday (including 2 shut down weeks off)
Parental Leave: Up to8 weeks following birth of a child or placement of a child
Flexibility: Hybrid working environment with a home office stipend
Diversity & Inclusion: Whether it's through participation in our Employee Resource Groups such as CR Blac, CR PRIDE, WomenCAN, VMA, CR Green, Familia@CR or AAPI or through CR Cares, our team members give back to the communities they live and work in.
Total Rewards: Competitive annualcompensation, annual discretionary bonuses, referral & client bonuses, spot bonus opportunities, 401k Match with profit sharing contributions, support towards achieving the CPA (reimbursement and bonuses)
Learning & Development: Devoted learning opportunities to support growth and career advancement, focusing on technical, leadership, and success skills. Tools, resources, and sessions are provided to satisfy continuing professional education (CPE) requirements and beyond
Wellness resources: Virtual care programs for mental & physical health including Headspace, Spring Health, Prevention Cloud, and Peerfit
Performance Coach: Will meet with you to establish goals and provide support to guide you along your career path of choice
CR Friend: Will serve as a familiar face when you first join the firm and someone you can always reach out to
YOUR ROLE. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
CR Together with Purpose: Our workplace strategy aims to create an environment in which we have a regular cadence working at a client's location, our offices and remotely depending on what we need to accomplish, who we need to work with to be successful, and how we will be most productive on a schedule that works best for our clients, teams, and people.
YOUR EXPERIENCE. Successful Candidate will have:
- Research tax issues and filing requirements that affect tax compliance.
- Review tax returns and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Research complex tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Draft tax technical memorandums.
- Serve as the Engagement Manager on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable development.
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of current client needs and target client requirements.
- Actively participate in proposal development, at the direction of management, and take a lead role responding to requests for proposal.
- Provide regular performance feedback as well as deliver timely performance evaluations.
- Develop subordinates' technical and industry skills and encourage growth.
- Demonstrate initiative, vision, resourcefulness, creativity and independent thinking. Lead by example.
- Education: BS/BA accounting preferred; MST preferred, CPA required
- Minimum of 12 years tax experience in a public accounting; real estate or construction experience preferred
- Demonstrated writing skills a must; proposal development experience desired
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Strong tax research and writing skills
- Proven competence with MS Office and tax compliance and research software
- Solid organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
After reviewing this job posting, are you hesitating to apply because you don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that we are less likely to apply to jobs unless we meet every single qualification. At CohnReznick, we are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or one of our other roles.
CohnReznick is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive team to drive business results and create a better future every day for our team members, clients, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at CRaccommodation@cohnreznick.com Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
CohnReznick does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters are currently engaged by CohnReznick Talent Acquisition Team by way of a written agreement to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that CohnReznick will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
This job has expired.