Job Title: Systems Administrator-Intermediate -
Job Location: RIA, Rock Island, IL 61299
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC has an immediate opening for a Systems Administrator Intermediate that will work within a cohesive team environment and is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. Duties include providing support to clients in resolving moderate to complex system or IT operation problems, performing computer operations functions, including planning, integration, and verification for IT systems. Recommend system configuration solutions and provide support, solutions, and suggestions to a development team; drafting system administrator manuals and maintenance service plans; working with the information security team to support NEC-RIA; provides remediation and troubleshooting for system-related change requests.
Education / Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree
• IT I level certification IAW AR 25-2
• IAT II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002
Skills / Experience Required:
• 5-7 years of experience performing systems administration functions
• 5+ years of Windows System Administration
• 3+ years of Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) experience
• Experience building and maintaining systems including Architecting and implementing storage and data management solutions
• Experience developing custom ad hoc SQL queries for SCCM data analysis Comfortable with most aspects of operating system administration such as: configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software
• Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory/GPO integration with SCCM
• Experience developing custom ad hoc SQL queries for SCCM data analysis
• Solid understanding of a UNIX-based operating system
• Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts (principles of routing, client/server programming, the design of consistent network-wide filesystem layouts)
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
• Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications
• Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
• Contribute to and maintain system standards
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks
• Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
• Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
• Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request
• Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues
• Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
• Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies
• Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
• Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures
• Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
• Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required
• Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment
• Other duties as assigned
Must be a U.S. Citizen. A high-level Department of Defense (DoD) active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to government information.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time and typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including bending, reaching, and kneeling, to complete daily duties in a prompt and efficient manner and may include lifting thirty (30) pounds, as necessary.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO (Native Hawaiian Organization) 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects found around the world, our team has innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technological solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Company Employment Statement:
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing as positions, functions, and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!