Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT's inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.
ICAT is seeking a dynamic Property Underwriting Leader, Senior Vice-President to lead ICAT's property expansion and act as a resource and mentor to the Underwriting team across all products. This position will report to the President of ICAT.
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- The SVP, Property Underwriting Leader will have expertise in a broad spectrum of property products in order to expand/launch products, drive underwriting profit and growth and provide expert technical knowledge and advice to the underwriting department. Perils including Catastrophe risk (Hurricane, Earthquake, Flood, Wildfire and Severe Convective Storm) and All Other Perils. Products may be geared toward: Middle Market Commercial, Small Commercial, High Net Worth individuals and standard homeowners.
- This role is ideal for a strong underwriting leader with focus on growing and expanding the business.
We will count on you to:
- A company with a strong brand, with experience developingsolutionsfortodays and tomorrow's toughest challenges
- A culture of internal mobility, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration
- Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities, and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
- Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
- Competitive pay and a full benefits package, starting Day 1 (Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance, Employee Stock Purchase program, and a generous paid time-off allowance); plus a fixed company contribution AND a company match on your 401k, after one year of service
What you need to have:
- Lead an underwriting team in order to provide technical expertise to achieve company goals for growth and profit in a sustainable fashion
- Create growth strategy, identifying areas of opportunity to expand and launch new products
- Define underwriting guidelines across various products and partner with operations to ensure service standards are maintained
- Provide exceptional service to our brokers and carrier partners
- Effectively negotiate terms and conditions with brokers
- Drive efficiencies and process improvements with a digital focus
- Explore/expand distribution channels alongside the distribution team
- Motivate, train/educate a high performing team
What makes you stand out?
- Bachelor's degree in business or finance or equivalent education and work experience
- Twenty plus years related property insurance underwriting experience and/or training, with previous work experience as senior underwriter or equivalent
- Ability to lead an underwriting team without direct reporting responsibly
- Proven track record in driving and transforming the business
- Experience developing and launching new programs into the market space
- Established network of management, underwriting, insurer and broker contacts
- Experience with digital platforms and driving results through automation
- Proven leadership experience with focus on growing and developing team members to drive for outstanding results and create inclusive environment
- Professional insurance designation preferred
- Experience working on in a fast paced, agile environment with competing priorities and multi-faceted transformational projects
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency
- Resourcefulness with the ability to bring solutions and ideas to the organization
Marsh McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas ofrisk, strategy and people. The Company's 85,000 colleagues advise clients in 130 countries.With annual revenue of over $20 billion, Marsh McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshprovides data-driven risk advisory services and insurance solutions to commercial and consumer clients.Guy Carpenter develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities. Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations redefine the world of work, reshape retirement and investment outcomes, and unlock health and well being for a changing workforce. Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit marshmclennan.com, or follow us onLinkedInandTwitter.
Marsh McLennan is committed to embracing a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people and embrace diversity of age background, disability, ethnic origin, family duties, gender orientation or expression, marital status, nationality, parental status, personal or social status, political affiliation, race, religion and beliefs, sex/gender, sexual orientation or expression, skin color, veteran status (including protected veterans), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you have a need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting TANA@mmc.com.
Marsh McLennan is committed to hybrid work, which includes the flexibility of working remotely and the collaboration, connections and professional development benefits of working together in the office. All Marsh McLennan colleagues are expected to be in their local based teams will identify at least one "anchor day" per week on which their full team will be together in person. office or working onsite with clients at least three days per week. Office-based teams will identify at least one "anchor day" per week on which their full team will be together in person.
The applicable base salary range for this role is $129,000 to $275,300.
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, education, and any applicable minimum wage requirements. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
This job has expired.