Job ID: 399701
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Under the direct supervision of the Survey Department Manager and Field Survey Superintendent, the Survey Party Chief performs technically complex paraprofessional field surveying duties to support Automated Machine Guidance (AMG) operations, construction staking, grade verification, and other duties as required on heavy civil projects.
The ideal candidate has construction survey experience including staking, setting project control, running levels, experience with Trimble survey equipment, reading and interpreting plans, machine control models, surfaces, and experience with Trimble Business Center.
Candidate will begin work in a team and will eventually be tasked with solo responsibilities. Responsibilities will likely change depending on the assignment. Must be willing to work solo, nights, weekends, and be willing to travel (from time to time).
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Working hours will be typical of the construction industry, 60-70+ during peak construction season. The ideal candidate needs to be willing to work at least 6 days a week during the peak construction season (summer months).
- Provide oversight of project survey operations in construction survey.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- Pursuit or award of a degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Surveying/Geomatics, or related fields is preferred.
- May perform mapping compliance or other related office survey duties as a temporary assignment in order to satisfy the training/experience requirement for the Professional Land Surveyor's License
- Assist in preparing geodetic surveys for construction, topographic, right-of-way, and control survey projects.
- Assist in survey and mapping methods, use of equipment, and field safety procedures.
- Gather field survey data through use of conventional and technically advanced methods.
- Set up, adjust, and operate survey equipment including electronic total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, and angles.
- Construction staking for roadways, utilities, and other features, as necessary.
- Locating and/or establishing vertical and horizontal control, right of way, monuments, corners, boundaries, and property lines.
- Perform complex surveying calculations using survey software.
- Prepares finished grade sheets, topographic maps, records of survey, corner records, and other survey reports.
- Knowledge and ability to search existing record information, including record maps, plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents.
- Calculate heights, depths, relative positions, property lines, and other characteristics of terrain.
- Ability to operate equipment including but not limited to sUAS hardware, GPS, data collector, etc.
- Participate in project meetings (project managers, engineers, contractor representatives).
- Coordinate findings (engineers, architects, clients, and others).
- Interface with counterparts and trades to ensure accuracy of work relative to design intent.
- Maintain professional relationships with managers, field support, office and subcontractors, etc.
- Prepares field notes and drawings for use in existing conditions and as-built surveys.
- Maintain field data records, survey project files, and indexing systems.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
Minimum industry experience:
- 5+ years of experience in civil surveying for residential, commercial, and transportation/highway projects. (Relevant combination of work experience and education may also be considered.)
Minimum software/technical experience:
- 5+ years of experience in any combination of Civil 3d, OpenRoads Designer, Trimble Business Center, Pix 4D, Revit, etc. (Relevant combination of work experience and education may also be considered
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City Job Segment:
Surveyor, Engineer, Temporary, Equipment Operator, Field Service, Engineering, Contract, Manufacturing
This job has expired.