Job ID: 399679
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Under the direct supervision of the Survey Department Manager and Survey Field Superintendent, the Survey Field Technician performs tasks to support Automated Machine Guidance (AMG), construction staking, grade verification, and other responsibilities as required on heavy civil projects. The ideal candidate has construction and/or survey related experience however all applicants will be considered without previous experience as this is an entry-level position where on the job training is expected.The candidate will begin working as part of a team and upon evaluation tasked with solo responsibilities.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
Working hours will be typical of the construction industry, 60-70+ during peak construction season. The ideal candidate needs to be willing to work at least 6 days per week during the peak construction season (summer months). Must be willing to work solo, nights, weekends, and be willing to travel (from time to time).
- No direct reports.
- Provide support for construction crews and field managers as requested.
- Working solo is common for a surveyor. Punctuality and adherence to a schedule without daily supervision is expected.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- May perform mapping compliance or other related office survey duties as a temporary assignment in order to satisfy the training/experience requirement for the Professional Land Surveyor's License.
- Set up, adjust, and operate survey equipment including universal total station, data collector, and GPS equipment, in order to measure distances, elevations, areas and angles.
- Construction staking for roadways, utilities, and other features, as necessary.
- Locating and/or establishing vertical and horizontal survey control.
- Collection and transfer of field data.
- The ability to problem solve and describe work related findings.
- Maintain professional relationships with managers, field support, office and subcontractors, etc.
- Attention to detail while collecting field data.
- Maintain field data records, survey project files, and indexing systems.
Minimum industry experience:
- 1 year of construction experience preferred.
Minimum software/technical experience:
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Entry-level drafting or 3d modeling experience is preferred.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional employee situations; Responds promptly to employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Reynolds Excavation, Demolition & Utilities is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Salt Lake City Job Segment:
Surveyor, Temporary, Construction, Field Service, Engineering, Contract, Manufacturing
This job has expired.