Surgical Technologist - Samaritan Hospital, Troy, NY
Sign-On Bonus $3500 - Must be a Certified Surgical Tech or a LPN, with direct applicable experience in the OR, tobe eligible forthe bonus
If you are looking for a full time Surgical Tech position to meet your schedule, this could be your opportunity. Here at St. Peter's Health Partner's, we care for more people in more places.
What you will do:
Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
Work/Life: Positions and shifts to accommodate all schedules
- As a Surgical Technologist you will perform surgery related tasks and functions under the direction and supervision of an appropriately licensed healthcare professional participating in the surgery
What you will need:
- Assisting healthcare professionals to prepare the operating room and sterile field for surgical procedures including assisting healthcare professionals to set up sterile supplies, instruments and equipment using sterile technique and ensuring that surgical equipment function properly and safely
- Assisting healthcare professionals to move and position patients for surgery
- Anticipating instrument needs of a surgeon
- Communicates and relates effectively with patients, families, co-workers and guests
- Completes all requirements for mandatory continuing education including BLS and 15 hours of continuing education annually to remain qualified as a Surgical Technologist
- Stocking labor rooms, triage rooms and operating rooms
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Has successfully completed a nationally accredited educational program for surgical technologists and maintains a certified surgical technologist credential administered by a nationally accredited surgical technologist credentialing organization. May be employed or contracted to practice surgical technology during the twelve month period immediately following successful completion of a surgical technology program, but may not continue to be employed or contracted beyond that period without obtaining a certified surgical technologist credential; or
- NYS LPN License; or
- Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard or Public Health Service Commissioned Corps; or
- Provides evidence that the person was employed as a surgical technologist in a healthcare facility for a cumulative period of one year, occurring within the four years immediately prior to January 1, 2015.
- After a thorough and diligent effort has been made and the healthcare facility is unable to employ or contract with a sufficient number of qualified surgical technologists who meet the prior requirements, a person can be hired if that person meets the requirements within two years of their start of employment or contracting for the performance of surgical technology
- 1-2 year of previous OR experience preferred
- Must possess adequate hearing, vision, and hand dexterity to manipulate instruments and equipment while functioning in multiple surgical specialties
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.