Surgical Technician lll, Full Time at our Main Campus, 6th Floor Surgical Suites. Shifts could be 7:00-5:30PM with variable hours to later shift if needed, 9:00AM-7:30PM
New hires are eligible for a one-time, taxable bonus of $10,000 to be paid out after the successful completion of the first 90 days of employment.
Under the general direction of the Nurse Director, and the guidance of the Circulating registered nurse, the Surgical Technician is a member of the surgical team responsible for providing intraoperative care to the surgical patient. The ST is responsible for instrumental care and safety of the patients. Included within this assignment is the responsibility for ensuring effective communication between members of the surgical team.
1. Patient Care Responsibilities: Will reflect the application of Nursing Department and Surgical Services Policies and Procedures to meet the quality and appropriateness of practice.
2. Demonstrate a commitment to quality will be demonstrated by prioritizing, identifying awareness of daily tasks, focus on patient progression goals, quality initiatives and achieving the highest level of patient satisfaction.
3. Assists and collaborates patient care with the circulating nurse to set up for surgical procedures with proper instrumentation, equipment, and supplies Primary roles as a ST is to pass instruments and assist surgeon at the sterile field
4. Review procedure card/surgeons preference cards to determine needs in preparation of each surgical procedure and to edit/change items as needed in collaboration with the Circulating RN and surgeon
5. Communicate frequently with the Circulating nurse, with who assigned, for direction in preparing the patient for surgery, help position the patient, and scrub on assigned cases.
6. Plans with the Circulating nurse, to anticipate the needs of the surgical team for patient care and provide them with proper equipment, instrumentation, and supplies
7. Listen to report of patient condition by circulating nurse.
8. Discuss with circulating nurse, special patient needs to include in plan of care.
9. Inform and notify Nurse Director of committee meetings or educational programs that will necessitate absence from the unit so that planning can be accomplished to provide continuity of patient care.
10. Keep circulating nurse informed of patient condition and significant changes to assist the circulating nurse in providing accurate documentation in the patient record.
11. Implements plan of care collaborating with the circulating nurse to insure accuracy of all sponge, sharps and instrument counts according to established policy and procedure.
12. Be properly prepared in understanding the type of surgery to be conducted and the condition of the patient to make arrangements of all requirements , having the skills and technological aptitude as applied to all operating room equipment and specific areas of the surgery
13. Be scrubbed and ready for each case on time.
14. Prepare surgical specimens and/or collection of data for records.as per policy and procedure
15. Maintain aseptic technique according to the policies of the operating room. Know and observe the policies and standards of the hospital and operating room.
16. Assist with the care, cleaning and maintenance of all general and specialty instruments, equipment and supplies according to established guidelines and policies and procedures which includes various housekeeping duties in room turnovers.
17. Participates in plan of care as established by circulating nurse and surgeon.
18. Communicate with circulating nurse, observations about patient behavior and response to nursing intervention.
19. Attend and participate in staff conferences and educational in-services to continuously enhance and enrich skills and knowledge. Keep abreast of all current trends in surgical standards of patient care, demonstrating self-directions and initiative
20. Identify, in collaboration with Nurse Director, own learning needs and utilize appropriate resources and opportunities to meet these needs.
21. Assume responsibility and accountability for: --meeting the established policies of the institution --practicing high standards of conduct, integrity, appearance Follows Code of Conducts and compliance, HIPPA.
Registered Nurse - Infusion Center; $15,000 Relocation, $17,500 Sign On, and Retention Bonus eligibleYukon-Kuskokwim Health Corp
Itinerant Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner; $15,000 Relocation, $25,000 Sign On, and Retention Bonus EligibleYukon-Kuskokwim Health Corp
Registered Nurse Case Manager/Clinical Diabetes Educator (Non-CDE); $17,500 Sign On , $15,000 Relocation and Retention Bonus EligibleYukon-Kuskokwim Health Corp