The Supply Chain Engineer will design solutions and develop capabilities to support the strategic vision of C.H. Robinson and the Customer. These solutions include continuous improvement and optimization of a customer's supply chain including but not limited to sourcing, transportation, network layout, inventory, facility layout, order management, warehouse, material flow, etc. Key tasks include data gathering and cleansing, trend analysis, problem solving, solution design, process documentation, stakeholder communication and development of financial baselines and savings calculations. This role will also participate in the development of enterprise level or supply chain strategies for CHR and its customers.
- Analyze historic and forecasted data to generate summaries, baselines and cost improvement opportunities
- Can develop moderately complex solutions and recommendations for customer issues or opportunities using technical expertise and judgment
- Self-guided and can work independently to implement customer solutions including documenting customer procedures, training and resolving operational issues
- Manage projects including defining scope, developing project plan, tracking activities, reporting on progress and milestones and measuring results
- Align and communicate with customer or internal stakeholders to gather information, voice of customer, scope, opportunities, deliverables and project milestones
- Generate appropriate communications for delivering project updates and summaries to internal and external audiences
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of department strategies for team skill and capability development or enhancement
- May lead small project teams within department or function
- Receive coaching, guidance and feedback from others to support personal and technical skill development
Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 2 years of professional work experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel to analyze and summarize data, including graphs, charts, formulas, functions, macros, VBA, solvers and regression analysis
- Experience using data visualization and analytical tools
- Ability to travel a minimum of 10% (domestically and internationally)
- Able to identify trends, patterns and outliers in supply chain data and form insights, recommendations, and ability to coach others in seeing and telling the story
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Strong organization and task management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple projects/priorities simultaneously
- Understanding of end to end supply chain functions and relationships
- Knowledge of lean processes and tools for continuous improvement
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We're committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world's largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.