Provide leadership, strategic planning, operational direction and risk management for the material procurement process at STEMCO and associated EnPro divisions, while supporting an ongoing Lean manufacturing environment. Provide leadership, mentoring and project management support for Special Projects as required. Provide financial information to the corporate office and others as required by EnPro with sufficient controls to meet financial reporting requirements.
• Embrace the values of the EnPro/STEMCO safety pledge in each of the below responsibilities. Participate in the organization's safety culture and aim to continuously improve safety within all aspects of your work.
• Foster a work environment that promotes mutual respect of all colleagues and creates an environment focused on a dual-bottom line.
• Promote the STEMCO / Enpro Culture by exhibiting the five principles of exemplary leadership: Modeling the Way, Inspiring a Shared Vision, Enabling Others to Act, Challenging the Process, and Encouraging the Heart.
• Develop strategic plan and provide direction to Supply Chain team. Develop goals and implement action plans to develop global sourcing opportunities. Present positive ethical example including compliance (self and team) with financial requirements
• Develop partner/alliance relationship with suppliers and establish reliable supply sources that support the tactical and strategic needs of STEMCO. Prefer suppliers capable of shipping parts requiring no additional inspection at STEMCO.
• Provide vision and champion continuous improvement of new and present supply sources with focus on quality, delivery, service and cost
• Provide leadership and vision to Supply Chain Dept and Special Projects Teams (as assigned). Train and develop personnel by providing appropriate tools.
• Develop efficient and user-friendly purchasing systems for soliciting internal customer needs and order placement. Develop Just-In-Time (JIT) supplier transportation systems to optimize Total Cost of ownership.
• Develop and improve a measurement system to monitor waste, yield, and cycle time of the material and resource procurement process.
• Conduct annual risk analysis and develop plans to ensure continued flow of materials from supply base at optimum cost.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor Degree Required; Master's Preferred
• 7-10 years in international manufacturing environment working with suppliers and in assuring they can meet all required demands.
• Must possess computer skills including spreadsheet analysis and construction
• Knowledge of ISO Quality and Environmental programs required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills- specifically with external vendors/suppliers.
• Experience in KanBan / total inventory systems
• Manage all areas of the Supply Chain Management
• ERP experience a must; NetSuite preferred.
• Microsoft Office/Google platform experience is required.
• Experience with materials negotiation required.
Stemco is a subsidiary of EnPro, a leading industrial technology company using material science to push boundaries in semiconductor, life sciences, and other technology-enabled sectors. We are a leader in sealing technologies, advanced surface technologies, and highly engineered materials. Our products and services are sold into more than 40 distinct end-markets that touch our lives every day - from food and pharmaceutical facilities to semiconductor clean rooms, from agricultural robots that help grow your food to last-mile technologies that deliver it to your doorstep, from commercial aviation to space exploration, and much more in between. Our commitment to innovation, quality, and value has propelled our brands to wide recognition and leading positions in their markets.
EnPro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Sign in to subscribe to job alerts