Indiana University's procurement system is centered around supplier data. The accuracy of this data is critical to the success of purchases and payments generated by the system, as well accurate tax reporting.
- Responsible for reviewing supplier record edit requests and initial registration submissions, as well as auditing existing records for various compliance standards.
- Acts as a point of contact for suppliers and IU departments.
- Under limited supervision, performs routine and ad hoc administrative tasks in support of the procurement function, administering the transactions associated with obtaining goods and services for the university.
- Serves as an informational resource for department or other departments in identifying appropriate vendors and suppliers.
- Responds to employee inquiries and requests and explains policies and procedures.
- Monitors procurement processes and communicates issues with supervisor to inform decisions.
- Oversees inventory of necessary items and coordinates reorder, inventory receipt, and/or returns as needed.
- Prepares reports to monitor outstanding procurement documents and payments.
- May provide assistance to lower-level Procurement Representatives.
- May take on more advanced, non-routine tasks that may require analysis.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 4 years in a relevant field.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Ability to build strong customer relationships.
- Instills commitment to organizational goals.
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents.
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Promotes information sharing.
Working Conditions / Demands
- Excellent customer service skills.
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
This position is eligible to work a hybrid schedule (mix between remote and in-person work), subject to change in the future based on university policy and business needs.Advertised Salary
$18 per hour, plus benefits.Job Classification
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: Finance
Job Family: Procurement
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us