To supervise and coordinate activities of the production process by utilizing supervisory skills to satisfy specific job requirements in the areas of production, quality, efficiency, safety, employee relations and housekeeping. Leads shift to operate production machinery safely and efficiently; maintain appropriate documentation, and keep communication lines open; ensure scheduled preventative maintenance and mold changeovers are completed in an efficient manner; responsible for producing best quality product.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Responsible for providing a safe environment to all production employees, visitors and temporary labor.
- Ensure all employees receive regular safety training in accordance with the safety training program.
- Ensure all employees and visitors receive and wear protective or safety equipment such as earplugs, hairnets, safety glasses or gloves.
- Coordinate safety training with the plant's safety team coordinator.
- Document safety training and file accordingly.
- Continually monitor production floor and equipment for unsafe or hazardous conditions; report immediately and make appropriate corrections to repair, replace or quarantine unsafe condition.
- Ensure proper medical attention is provided immediately with any accident and perform accident investigation.
Responsible for leading and supporting employee engagement initiatives.
- Conduct focused walks semi-weekly through the plant to engage with the employees.
- Utilizing active listening skills, ask probing questions that encourage employee input on issues or opportunities related to safety, quality, performance, goals, scheduling, teamwork, etc.,
- Note opportunities for improvement and potential solutions based on employee input.
- Develop strategies that all for employee led teams to implement or 'try'
- Provide ongoing feedback to employee led teams and support efforts that lead to improved results, even during times of initial failure.
- Celebrate wins and recognize employees participating on successful teams.
Responsible for producing the best quality product at all times.
- Ensure all production employees are properly trained to identify product for rejection, rework, etc, and all customers receive product that meet or exceed customer standards and expectations.
- Ensure all quality measurements are properly recorded in the NWA Quality Monitor at the scheduled intervals.
- Ensure all raw material lot numbers are properly obtained and recorded.
- Ensure all non-conforming products are placed on hold with proper hold documentation completed.
Responsible for maintaining a clean production floor and equipment.
- Perform daily audits of production floor and equipment cleanliness and make necessary corrections to maintain a 'showroom' condition.
- Ensure all daily, weekly and periodic cleaning tasks are performed as outlined in the Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Maintain Master Cleaning Schedule documentation; initial completed cleaning tasks.
- Proactive in addressing housekeeping issues on the production floor and production equipment.
Responsible for achieving maximum production efficiency on all scheduled machines.
- Monitor machine processes and ensure any changes are justified and properly recorded.
- Monitor production efficiencies and make necessary adjustments to meet and exceed 'World Class' Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) standards.
- Perform shift inventories to ensure accurate production numbers.
- Record daily production, lot information, downtime summaries, etc, in plant documents and LN.
- Proactive in addressing inefficiencies; communicate all equipment inefficiencies with maintenance personnel.
- Ensure Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS) paperwork and inventories are properly and accurately completed.
Provide necessary training to all production personnel as it relates to safety, quality, production and equipment operation.
- Enforce Company Policy and Procedures with shift personnel.
- Monitor shift personnel activities as it relates to Company Policy and Procedure.
Maintain employee relations and records.
- Review time cards daily and approve authorized overtime.
- Maintain employee attendance calendars.
- Approve/deny and schedule accordingly all vacation requests, personal time, etc.
- Perform employee corrective and/or disciplinary action and maintain sufficient documentation to support such action.
- Monitor employee breaks.
- Schedule and conduct shift meetings regularly; document shift meetings.
Responsible for the development and training of all employees.
- Make available the necessary training required for all employees to understand and perform their related jobs.
- Provide feedback to all employees as it relates to their job performance in the form of regular evaluations.
- Create an environment that provides an opportunity for employee advancement.
- Establish attainable goals for the employees to reach.
Responsible for continuing/implementing the Ring Family Culture in the facility.
- Employees are the first priority, production is secondary.
- Welcome all employees to the plant every day inquiring about their personal lives and showing that Ring cares about our employees.
- Hold pre-shift meetings to explain the day's needs and concerns and emphasize the importance of safety, not only for the individual but for everyone in the plant.
- Manage by walking around during the shift initiating conversations with questions regarding the well-being of the employee.
- Catch someone doing something well and praise. Recognize their efforts.
- Understand that all employees are people and all of us have challenges. Search for the reason behind the issue, actively listen and resolve to the benefit of all.
Promote and participate in Total Productive Manufacturing (TPM) events and projects.
Answer telephones and greet visitors in a professional and courteous manner consistent with Ring Container Technologies standards.
Ensure that production employees properly adhere to and support implementation, maintenance and ongoing improvement of food safety, food defense, and quality systems to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local government regulatory food safety requirements and Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI) or British Retail Consortium (BRC) standards.
Experience, Educational and Technical Qualifications
- Ensure production employees adhere to food safety, food defense, and prerequisite programs (such as security, pest control, foreign material control, allergen control, chemical control, etc.) as required.
- Ensure production processes are performed in a food-safe manner.
- Ensure all housekeeping duties are performed and documented according to the Master Cleaning Schedule.
- Foster a culture of safety, quality, and continuous improvement which proactively recognizes and addresses deficiencies.
Our Production Supervisor should possess strong people skills, leadership qualities, managerial abilities, a sense of urgency, accountability, business ethics, professionalism, self-motivation and the desire and focus to improve the business.
Our Production Supervisor position requires a 2-4 year technical degree, but may substitute military experience. Production Supervisor may be asked to perform all duties and responsibilities of an operator, line worker, maintenance mechanic or forklift driver. The Production Supervisor must be well trained in computer software such as: LN and MS Office. Must be proficient in the English language, both written and oral.
Ring Container Technologiesis an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Ring to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information.