Ardurra is seeking a Subsurface Utility Engineering Field Technician to join our staff in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
- Ardurra is seeking a Subsurface Utility Engineering Field Technician to join our staff in Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Responsible for documentation of subsurface utility conditions via visual inspection techniques, as well as using Global Positioning System (GPS), Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR), smoke testing equipment, and by other physical/visual means, and if necessary manual tools, i.e., shovels, and probes.
Candidates should physically able to lift and carry the required testing and inspection equipment and tools (up to 50lbs) , to open manholes (up to 120lbs) and to traverse difficult terrain
Experience and Education
- Work independently under all weather conditions and physical environments to provide field inspection services
- Candidates should physically able to lift and carry the required testing and inspection equipment and tools (up to 50lbs), to open manholes (up to 120lbs) and to traverse difficult terrain
- High school diploma required
- Willing to train new hires with no experience
- Must be able to perform field investigation duties under adverse traffic and field conditions and in a variety of weather conditions with exposure to the elements
- Ability to work with others and good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read various engineering drawings and specifications, proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products, are all a plus
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and reliable transportation
- Technical capacity and ability to read, visualize and comprehend maps and GPS data
- Good communication & collaboration skills
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Ability to project the time required to meet goals, manage time available and prioritize production based on deadlines
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.Recommended Skills
This job has expired.
- Molecular Biology
- Cell Cultures
- Cell Biology