About our Business
CBIZ Private Equity Advisory is the dedicated private equity advisory practice of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ). We are focused on providing private equity groups and their related portfolio companies with consulting services and solutions focused on deal advisory, business optimization, EBITDA enhancement and performance management & improvement. Our team embraces a collaborative, client-centric approach to architecting and delivering on projects driven by ongoing transactions, transitions and transformations across a broad range of industries. We believe that the diverse perspectives of all our team members help to drive innovation and transformative results for our business. We are entrepreneurially minded and operate as a meritocracy, promoting and compensating team members based upon performance and potential. We areCBIZ Private Equity Advisory - Invested in You.
Our clients are benefitted by additional scope and scale provided through CBIZ, which has over 100 offices and nearly 6,000 employees across North America, focused on providing top-level financial and employee focused professional services to organizations of all sizes.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2021 America's Best Mid-Size Employers
- 2021 Best and Brightest Companies in Wellness
- Top 101 2021 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- 2022 Great Place to Work Certification
- 2022 Top Workplaces USA
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services. About our Practice
The Strategic FP&A practice is an advisory group within the larger CBIZ Private Equity Advisory practice. Our team specializes in optimizing business planning efforts and model development for middle-market companies. Our strategic engagements are often surrounding operational and financial reporting which commonly emphasizes forecasting, profitability analysis, process improvement and data analytics.
- We have offices across the country, with our headquarters located in Philadelphia and a significant presence in the Chicago and Denver markets; however our team members historically, and currently, are welcome to work remotely/virtually from anywhere in the U.S. provided a willingness to travel on-site to our various client locations on an as-needed basis..
- You will develop collaborative,lasting professional and personal relationships with clientsregardless of your level and provide valuable services as a genuine trusted advisor.
- You will have the opportunity for substantial professional development.There will be variety in the clients and situations that you work with that will build upon your current experiences.
- You will work in an environment and culture whereyour efforts matter to our team and clients. The work that you do is highly valued and appreciated by our clients.
- We offer a unique and comprehensive compensation package, including a consistent track record of maximum bonus payout and an upside in compensation when our practice exceeds its annual financial goals.
- Promotions and career advancement are based on ability and talent, not tenure -our merit-based promotions provide opportunity to accelerate your career trajectory.
- Our unique approach to practice and client management offers opportunities forautonomy and predictability in schedule from week-to-week, as well as reduced travel compared to industry standard- allowing our people to better plan their work activities and personal lives.
We place significant emphasis on the value of personal time.We understand that professional opportunities and advancement are important to you, but that time for family, friends and personal pursuits are essential to your life and overall fulfillment. Making sure that team members have flexibility at work, opportunities to enjoy evenings and weekends and to truly disconnect for holidays and time off is critical to each team member's professional engagement and personal well-being.
- When times get tough, we get tougher - and we stand by our people. We hadextremely high retention during the pandemic - and we maintained our regular cycle of compensation increases and paid out substantially full bonuses to our team members throughout the uncertain time.
- While we want our people to stay with our firm for their entire careers, we are also realistic.Though we hope that you continue to grow with our firm and progress through the leadership levels, we are equally committed to advancing your professional skills and career opportunities wherever they may lead which could include, but not limited to, a Controller or CFO role within a private equity business, a strategic M&A advisor, or finance operating partner within a private equity firm, etc.
If you're looking to join a talented, rapidly growing, entrepreneurially minded team where you can be your whole self, provide value to your clients, advance your skills and deepen your experiences, then consider joining our Strategic FP&A team at CBIZ Private Equity Advisory. About the Role
The Senior Principal will be a full-time permanent consultant helping to grow our Strategic FP&A practice. The Senior Principal will support our clients, private equity backed portfolio companies, by implementing strategic FP&A initiatives. The Senior Principal will facilitate proactive decision making through forecasting models and drive value with data and analytics during times of transaction and transition. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in data and analytics and a solid foundation in finance and accounting. Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide core financial and operational reporting and strategic analysis in supporting decision-making for our fast-growing private equity backed companies;
- Prepare core financial information, models and analyses relative to the engagement requirements/expectations;
- Communicate and interface with key stakeholders including both company management (including c-suite) and private equity deal and operational teams, to actively plan, manage and execute on workstream activities and deliverables;
- Support the development of, and deploy actionable plans to achieve set expectations, and communicate results consistently to key stakeholders and the Project Lead;
- Take ownership of the functional work, which could include budgeting / forecasting, financial and operational reporting, profitability analysis, developing business processes and data management, etc;
- With the support and guidance from the Project Lead, proactively identify and communicate any areas of potential risk and obstacles to success, along with appropriate mitigation plans and communication.
- Manage internal and external resources to achieve project goals and develop FP&A deliverables.
- 7-10 years of experience in either:
- Consulting/Advisory (preferably Big 4 or Big 3) with a focus on finance effectiveness, strategy and operations, analytics, performance improvement or technology
- Large company (preferably Fortune 500) Corporate FP&A or Sales/Ops Finance Analyst
- Intermediate knowledge of BI Tools or Data Analytics
- Strong working knowledge of finance / accounting concepts such as financial statement mechanics
- Demonstrated ability to present and support accounting / finance concepts to drive analysis and decisions (e.g. financial statement analysis, financial ratio application, and budgeting / forecasting)
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (must be comfortable with advanced functions, such as MATCH, array functions, and nested logic)
- Strong business acumen and verbal / written communication
- Bachelor's degree required
- 7 years of experience in related field
- 5 years of supervisory experience
- Must have and preserve required licenses
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
If you are a qualified individual with a disabilityyou may request reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access this site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by calling [ Phone number blocked ] (toll free)or send an email to [ Link Removed ] .EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit these following pages [ Link Removed ] and [ Link Removed ] .
[ Link Removed ]