This is an On Call position for Storm work. Opportunity to work 40 plus hours weekly (overtime paid) as needed. Travel required.
Cotton Holdings, Inc., is a diversified holding company with subsidiaries that provide property restoration and recovery, construction, roofing, logistical support, temporary workforce housing, and culinary services to public and private entities worldwide. Cotton combines this diverse suite of services with top talent, innovative technology, and a large inventory of company-owned assets, to offer clients a total solutions package in support of disaster events and large development projects, including complex work environments.
I. Summary (Scope of the Job)
On-Call Estimator is responsible for estimating construction re-build projects by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents. In addition, they will estimate labor, material, and time requirements in order to compute the overall cost of the project.
II. Major Responsibilities
Position requirements and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
III. Background Requirements:Education:
- To develop and nurture business relationships with adjusters, property owners, facility managers and any other clientele that can provide commercial work.
- To prepare scopes of work/estimates.
- Must adhere to company protocol, policies, accounting procedures and reporting requirements.
- Writing the estimates within the guidelines of Cotton and ensuring that a contract is signed
- Determining when to extend beyond standard protocol to resolve any potential issues or secure potential work
- Determining the best way to meet the needs of the client and the adjuster
- Winning in a competitive bidding situation
- Conflict resolution with customers / adjusters
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient in Xactimate (REQUIRED)
- Minimum 2 years' experience writing commercial construction estimates
- Able to travel, both domestically & internationally as business needs arise (REQUIRED)
- Proven communication skills and ability to build relationships
- Proven organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good driving record
- Minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age and have a minimum of three (3) years verifiable driving experience
- No more than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- No repeat seat belt violations
- No high-speed moving violations in the past 3 years
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
If you are an individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact HR 877-511-2962
Show more Show less