Under moderate supervision, the Central Services Technician is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices.
Job Title: Central Sterile Processing Tech
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Holy Cross Hospital - Silver Spring
- Competitive salary
Benefits - Medical, Dental & Vision, PTO, Free Parking, Metro Access, Tuition Reimbursement, 403(b)
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:Career growth opportunities
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
Under moderate supervision, the Central Services Technician is responsible for decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices. Responsibilities:
What you will need:Required:
- Decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of supplies and equipment dispensed by the department following established infection control practices.
- Competent and comfortable consistently reviewing each service line schedule, preparing the sets, processing the sets, if a loaner is needed acquiring the sets, anticipating the needs before the customer knows what they need, and calling the customer and communicating the status so that they are always informed.
- Competent in utilizing Cerner for reviewing the schedule and preparing for the next day surgery needs for every service line
- Maintain personal productivity at an average of 95% or greater.
- Sterile Processing Tech Certification - IAHCSMM or CBSPD
- High School Diploma
- At least 2 years of Central Sterile Processing Tech experience
- Ability to read, write, speak and comprehends English.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to perform simple math.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lift over twenty-five (25) pounds of instrument trays, equipment and supplies. Pushing and pulling of carts. Reaching and handling of instruments and supplies.
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 best hospitals.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard toMinority/Females/disabled/Veteran(M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.