ECS is a federal contractor. As such, we are subject an Executive Order requiring all employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by January 4th, 2022. Therefore, by applying for this position, you understand that you will be required to verify that you have been, or will be, fully vaccinated by January 4th, 2022, or to verify that you cannot be vaccinated due to a legally recognized exception to the vaccine mandate set forth in the Executive Order.
Note: An individual is not considered to be fully vaccinated until two weeks after receiving the second vaccine dosage in a vaccine regimen involving two vaccines.
The above does not apply to personnel applying to United States Postal Service positions, however, as an ECS employee you will be required to complete the ECS COVID-19 survey to be compliant with Executive Order 14024.
ECS is seeking a Staff Accountant - Accounts Payable to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
- Sort, code, and match invoices with PO's and receiving reports
- Process PO/Non-PO invoices
- Assemble, review, and verify invoices and check requests
- Enter and upload invoices into invoice Workflow
- Process bi-weekly subcontractors timesheets
- Reconcile timesheets to actual subcontractor invoices
- Enter approved invoices into accounting system
- Review processed invoice vouchers packet for accuracy (Voucher, Invoice, PO, Receipt)
- Select checks and eft payments per weekly payment schedules
- Assist with month end closing
- Correspond with vendors and staff
- Customer service skills
- High school diploma with minimum 1-3 years of related work experience
- Must be self-motivated and willing to independently study concepts and policies with the goal of shortening the learning curve
- Clearance Level Required: None
- Associates Degree in related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent quantitative, analytical, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Suite, including skills in MS Excel
- Deltek Costpoint experience a plus
- Willingness to work extra hours during month-end/quarter-end close cycle
- Demonstrate a positive and eager to learn attitude
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.