SRC Nursing Assistant
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Provides basic patient care including, but not limited to: age specific assistance with ADLs, assists physicians and nurses with procedures, assists with whirlpool treatments, changing bed linens, patient escort and monitoring' and any other therapeutic measures that result in a higher level of patient comfort. Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation's mission statement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Must successfully complete a medical terminology course within one year of hire.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position.
- Office equipment (i.e., telephone, computer, fax machine, copier, etc.) and medical equipment as appropriate for the position.
- Good human relations and oral/written communication skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Familiarity with hospital environment and clinical procedures.
- Must possess organization skills and the ability to handle information of a confidential nature and exercise good judgement on an independent basis.
- Possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with varying personalities and must remain calm, tactful and diplomatic at all times.
- Possess the ability to work independently and maintain accountability for work.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13506Location:AniakDepartment:Village OperationsEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)