Sr. Security Officer - St. Peter's Hospital - Full Time Day Shift
The selected candidate would under direction of the Security Director, conduct investigations for cases or incidents involving the safety and security of SPHP colleagues, patients, visitors, vendors, or others as directed. Offenses or events requiring investigation and preparation of a complete and thorough report and liaison with appropriate law enforcement, investigative authority, and Senior Leadership.
What you will do:
- Recognized leader: Magnet Hospital in the Capital Region
- Quality of Life: Where career opportunities and quality of life converge
- Advancement: Strong orientation program, generous tuition allowance and career development
- Work/Life: Positions and shifts to accommodate all schedules
Join the security team of St. Peter's Health Partners. Our security team provides for a safe, secure environment for employees, residents, and visitors. The shift will require every other weekend and every other holiday. The candidate will need to document and follow through with detailed and concise reports involving potential fraud, waste or abuse of corporate resources, imminent threat to life, safety, procedural or other condition requiring investigation. Finally, they would demonstrate St. Peter's Health Partners Standards of Behavior and Core Values.Responsibilities:
What you will need:
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of the New York State Penal Law and Criminal Procedure Law.
- Knowledge and understanding of the use of force continuum and its application within a private security setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of accepted current interview techniques, proven investigative report preparation skills with attention to detail with thorough and concise documentation.
- Ability to follow through on investigative leads.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Minimum of five years Armed Security Guard experience (needed)
- Five (5) years Healthcare/ Hospital security or five (5) years Law Enforcement experience preferred but not necessary.
- High School Diploma/GED Certificate required
- Valid NYS Drivers License.
- Unexpired NYS Armed Security Guard License (includes firearms training and a valid NYS pistol permit). Associates Degree and/or completion of Police Basic Training curriculum preferred
- IAHSS Basic Security Certification must be completed within one year of hire.
- FEMA Emergency Management Institute courses must be completed within 90 days of hire - IS - 100c, IS - 200b, and IS - 230d.
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.