A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Sr Project Engineer at MilliporeSigma, you will develop and implement engineering solutions to internal customer problems and opportunities. Provide project management and engineering on small to large multidisciplinary capital projects from initiation through start-up and closure documentation. Provide support and mentoring to other group engineers.
Who you are:Basic Qualifications:
- Manage and coordinate construction projects
- Manage activities of local engineering group consisting of up to 10 engineers and technicians
- Support capital projects at any designated US site and around the world
- Responsible for total project budgets of up to $5MM
- Support corporate capital expenditure budgets
- Manage and coordinate medium to large site and facility construction projects
- Assist senior engineers and operations during startup and commissioning of large capital projects
- Manage and complete an average of 10 capital projects annually
- Accountable for the quality of your work
- Work independently and receive a moderate to low level of guidance and direction within clear or even broad guidelines
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- 5+ years of engineering experience in a chemical production environment
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Master of Science in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, or MBA in Chemical Engineering
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMI, PMP)
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and team building skills
- Technical engineering skills
- Experience with Automation and PLC's
- Familiarity with CAD Solidworks
- Ability to understand and provide direction to assure compliance with MilliporeSigma, EMD Performance Materials and external regulatory agencies policies, codes, standards and regulations
- Effective customer service skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective project scope conceptualization skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 212360
Location: Sheboygan Falls
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.