Find your more with Mohawk!
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our people.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Come find your "more" with Mohawk!
What we need:
Mohawk is looking for a Senior Production Operations Manager who can do more for the Chehalis Pad & Cushion plant.
We are looking for someone to oversee the production planning, staffing and day to day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner for the assigned plant. This position will also plan production operations, establish priorities and sequences for manufacturing products, as well as partner with plant leadership across the plant in areas such as employee relations, manufacturing processes, achieving goals, etc.
What you'll do:
What you have:
- Support and optimize plant operation strategies by actively participating in process improvement, modifications, upgrade and expansion projects for the facility
- Work closely with Maintenance and/or Engineering Department(s) to plan and coordinate routine, preventative and emergency maintenance to maximize equipment availability and production output, and minimize production downtime and operational delays
- Partner with plant safety and quality teams to proactively identify issues and develop and/or enhance related programs and procedures; ensures programs are maintained, the department and plant follows established standards, and the appropriate training and equipment is given to all employees.
- Actively participate in short-term planning meetings and projects addressing issues related to labor, manufacturing process and material requirements based on forecasts of product demand, technology changes, changes in productivity, supplier capacity, industry trends, performance measures, goals and results, etc.
What you're good at:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline and 6+ years of progressive responsibility in a manufacturing environment. Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role
- Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred
- A willingness to learn on the job and grow your career
- Working collaboratively as part of a fast-paced team, with strong personal organization, poise and professionalism
- Communicating effectively with a wide range of individuals in written, oral and interpersonal form
- Driving optimization and results through reporting and analytics
- Solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Engaging your emotional intelligence when facilitating conversations with employees and resolving employee relations matters
- Expect to travel occasionally to trainings, assistance at other plants, etc.
- While we're a primarily in-office team, we thrive on flexibility and ensuring our people can balance personal and professional time
- This position will oversee all hourly plant employees
We're located in a pretty great spot - check out this video to see what we mean!
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
Tacoma Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.