Join our Osprey team as a Sr. Product Manager - Lifestyle and make an immediate impact. If you love adventure, great gear, and have a passion for the outdoors, you're in good company with our Osprey brand, one of Helen of Troy's trusted leadership brands, including OXO, Hydro Flask, Osprey, Honeywell , PUR , Braun , Vicks , Hot Tools , Drybar . Together, we build innovative and useful products that elevate people's lives everywhere every day.
Look around your home, and you'll find us everywhere:
In your kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. We are already making your everyday lives better. We are powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. Whether you are just starting your career or in need of a challenge, we recognize, develop, and empower talent!
This position is based in beautiful Southwest Colorado: Cortez, CO (hybrid work onsite and from home). Commutable distance from Durango, Dolores and Mancos areas. Relocation assistance is available.
What you will be doing:
The Sr. Product Manager - Lifestyle is responsible for driving the lifestyle category's planning and product creation process from concept through commercialization. This role assists the category director of travel & lifestyle in finding opportunities crafting business strategy plans that address the company's strategic goals. They are charged with ownership of the assigned marketplace, execution of business plans, sales and margin accountability, calendar adherence, interdepartmental communication, and cross-functional leadership. The Sr. Product Manager owns relevant information on consumers, competitors, and trends. This role analyzes and understands the performance of their product assortment on a global basis. This role plans and brings to market product lines that build long-term strength for the company. This role builds a crucial linkage between sales, marketing, finance, demand planning, design, and development to ensure successful partnership in launching seasonal product lines and achieving strategic long-term growth goals!
- Examines, reports, and supervises success and failure of products in the marketplace, and determines reasons for success or failure, including measures of SKU efficiency, margins, gross margin contribution, return on investment
- Evaluates markets for future product, forecasting demand and product opportunity
- Coordinates assigned category product lines; owns business and assists in improving category growth
- Uses research and analysis to plan assigned product lines through an extended time horizon to increase product impact and ensure long term competitiveness
- Leads assigned lines in product concept, design, and development process
- Understands design, manufacturing processes and capabilities and can build briefs with material and feature set commensurate to required target MSRPs and margins
- Works with Sales leadership to develop selling ideas and plan special initiatives
- Works with Product Marketing Manager to help coordinate and develop category initiatives for selling and marketing tools; develop key information for workbooks, hang tags, web site and other marketing collateral
- Leads all aspects of testing and continuous improvement efforts for category, providing regular and clear feedback to the Design and Development teams
- Product Testing - instigates a fully comprehensive testing program to capture inline, new, and sized production order
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years' experience in a product management role
- Experience in packs, bags, or accessories in the lifestyle, outdoors, fashion, and /or seasonal category consumer goods industry
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- Bachelor's degree in Product/Industrial Design, Marketing, Business, Merchandising, or similar area of study
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information. Salary Minimum: $ 103,275.01 ; Maximum: $ 154,912.51 . The base salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors, including but not limited to location, experience, skill level, and performance. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Benefits:
Salary + Bonus ,
Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, 401(k) with company match, Basic Life Insurance, Short Term Disability (STD), Long Term Disability (LTD), Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Charitable (volunteer) Leave, and Educational Assistance.
Wondering if you should apply? Helen of Troy encourages people as diverse as our brands. Have the confidence to come as who you are because your point of view, skills, and experience will make us stronger. If you're eager to share new ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
. You can also find us on LinkedIn
. Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
We are committed to developing a diverse workforce and cultivating an inclusive environment. We value diversity and believe that we are strengthened by the differences in our experiences, thinking, culture and background. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any protected basis.
We will provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application process. If you would like to request an accommodation, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in1968,Helen of Troy has grown into a leadingglobal consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Osprey®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Braun®, Vicks®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great.We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centricinnovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services tomake them soar.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.