With over 10,000 employees and more than a dozen brands, American Woodmark is one of the nation's largest cabinet manufacturers. By partnering with major home centers, builders, and dealers, we spark the imagination of homeowners and designer and bring their vision to life. Across our service and distribution centers, our corporate office and manufacturing facilities, you'll always find the same commitment to customer satisfaction, integrity, teamwork, and excellence.
We are on a journey to encourage an inclusive Woodmark, and are taking meaningful actions to promote diverse representation across every part of the business. Together, every team member contributes to making American Woodmark a place where people can express who they are through what they do.
Through collaboration with the channel marketing teams, the Sr. Product Manager will lead the development and management of the Made-to-Order product offering. This position is responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting on internal and competitive trends and will use this information along with other relevant data to recommend product opportunities. The Sr. Product Manager will lead cross-functional project teams, support the development, launch of new Core products, and perform other tasks as assigned.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in one or more of the following; marketing, product management, product design, product engineering, quality assurance, manufacturing or equivalent experience;
* P&L experience is a plus;
* Experience with wood fabricating, wood technology or wood finishing processes a plus;
* Kitchen design and / or kitchen installation experience a plus;
* Thorough knowledge of kitchen cabinet industry is a plus;
* Enterprise-level thinking with a strong understanding of production systems;
* Out of the box thinking and creative problem solving skills; ability to work independently with little direction
* Strong project management skills required;
* Excellent personal computer skills -- Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access)
* Ability to build effective business relationships with customers and internal clients, as well as the ability to work discreetly with proprietary and confidential information.
* Excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills, with an emphasis on formal presentations, priority setting and self-directed work habits is essential
* A bachelor's degree in; marketing, engineering, architecture, design or similar discipline is preferred;
* Collaborates on and drives the execution of the company's overall product strategy
* Stay thoroughly abreast of competitive and industry trends, customer needs, competitors' products and other relevant data;
* Develop strategy for generating and implementing product needs and specifications;
* Influence company strategy & objectives through utilizing consumer research, channel / customer requirements, while balancing with internal capabilities / production platform.
* Drive all new products and product improvements through the Product Development process;
* Research and develop understanding of new categories as needed
* Actively manages and drives the financial performance of the assigned category
* Analyze and distill a broad range of information to build a compelling business case for a new product;
* Work with Product Engineering to ensure that all new products are designed to meet customer expectations;
* Propose the development of new initiatives for product planning summits;
* Lead a broad range of teams;
* Present new products at sales launch meetings and customer meetings as required; and
* Review and approve the technical accuracy of advertising and promotional copy, including but not limited to consumer catalogs, specifications books and price books prior to printing.
* Supervisory Responsibilities:
* This job typically supervises 1-3 Product Managers. Matrix environment requires significant cross-functional leadership.
SCOPE & EXPECTATIONS:
* Language Skills:
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients and employees in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to groups and management.
* Mathematical Skills:
* Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as statistical and financial math calculations, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
* Reasoning Ability:
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, mathematical or diagram form and develop a plan of action to follow those instructions.
* Physical Demands:
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and distinguish different colors. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and must frequently carry product samples weighing up to 20 pounds.
* Working Environment:
* Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Work hours will vary from normal business hours. Occasional weekend work may be required. Regular travel is required.
* Reports to:
* Recruitment process may consist of any combination of phone, video and in person interviews.
* Offers may be contingent upon successful completion of Background Check, Drug Screen, Physical Examination and/or potential Motor Vehicle Check.
BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
* Competitive Compensation
* Health Care Benefits
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Vacation Days
* Paid Sick Days
* 401(k) Match
* Tuition Assistance
* Relocation Assistance when available
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The American Woodmark Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, military and veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other legally-protected characteristic; and it will comply with all applicable state discrimination laws. No person will be denied employment solely because of a disability, provided that the person can perform the essential functions of the position for which the person has applied, either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 6 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!