CMA CGM Group, founded by Jacques R. Saadé, is a leading worldwide shipping & logistics group.
Now headed by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGM reinvents transport and logistics in order to offer an integrated maritime, port and land service that exceeds its customers' expectations.
Present in over 160 countries through 755 offices, 750 warehouses, equipped with a young and diverse fleet of 511 vessels, CMA CGM serves 420 of the world's 521 commercial ports and operates on more then 200 shipping lines. The group currently employs 110,000 people worldwide, including nearly 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
The Sr. Network Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, upgrading, and repairing new and existing local area and wide area voice and data networks throughout the company. They ensure the hardware, software and security standards are uniform and compatible between networks and optimized for maximum performance and availability. They install, configure and monitor all network switching and routing equipment as well as all Firewall, VPN, WIFI, Remote Access, and Voice over IP Call Management devices. Travel for up to two weeks may be required from time to time with little or no advance notification
This position will be responsible to:
- Monitors network traffic and bandwidth utilization to isolate problematic data streams, reduce bottlenecks and improve network performance. Installs, configures and maintain necessary hardware and software for this purpose.
- Installs, configures, and maintains the hardware and software required for Call Center, Call Manager, Voice Mail, Instant Messaging, Presence, VOIP, Firewalls, and other devices needed for analog or digital voice or data communications.
- Troubleshoots and resolves network outages, network performance issues, or networked application issues.
- Designs and installs wired and wireless Local Area Networks in accordance with manufacture recommendations and standard industry practices. Travels to remote sites when needed for new installs, upgrades, or disaster recovery.
- Documents network topology, dial plans, IP addressing schemes, network and security standards, remote access methods and user guides, switch and router configurations and inventory, maintenance procedures, disaster recovery procedures, and other IT documentation as required.
- Orders and tracks the installation of all voice and data circuits. Tests network redundancy configurations, firewalls, and disaster recovery failover methods.
- Research new technologies and participates in vendor demonstrations and test projects.
- Manages network projects, coordinates vendors, tracks project purchases, and keeps voice and data service contracts up to date.
- Miscellaneous related duties or projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Vocational or Technical Diploma plus current CCNA certification
- 4-6 years' experience in the following technologies:
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco routing and switching equipment configuration
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS
- Advanced knowledge of Ethernet and TCP/IP protocols
- Advanced knowledge of switching and routing protocols
- Advanced knowledge of Checkpoint Firewall hardware and software configuration
- Advanced knowledge of Network security principals and protocols
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Call Manager and VOIP topology and configuration
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Call Center software installation and configuration
- Advanced knowledge of network security and bandwidth monitoring tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Server operating systems
- Excellent customer service skills in person or over the phone
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good time management skills
- Good project management skills
- Good server hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Good network connectivity troubleshooting skills
- Ability to stay calm and focused in a stressful environment
- Ability to work well alone or on a Team
- Ability to lead others
- Ability to set and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to lift and move a variety of computer equipment over short distances.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science preferred.
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.
This job has expired.