If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The Department of Hussman Institute Faculty is currently seeking a full time Sr. Manager, Applications Systems Development. The Sr. Manager, Applications Systems Development directs all IT and programming related activities for major NIH funded research projects and associated foundation grants. The incumbent participates in the design and development of new web applications, programs, and scripts for projects. The Senior Manager, Applications Systems Development demonstrates experience in bioinformatics of next-generation sequencing and the development of tools in this area. An employee in this position maintains current applications and prepares and reviews product-related documentation. Moreover, this role operates with the goal of creating solutions that will enhance and maintain a strong business system capability.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
Department Specific Functions
- Manages HIM systems team, including performance management, coaching, and development.
- Interfaces with other areas of the business and implements and drives technical decisions that are beneficial across all functions.
- Manages the development of detailed design specifications for use by the technical team.
- Ensures team development of system test plans and utilizes appropriate resources to address business and technical issues.
- Directs and focuses efforts of project teams, monitoring progress and offering mentoring.
- Responds to and handles customer questions via available communication mediums.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to identify opportunities, set overall direction, and clarify requirements and business needs.
- Participates in the annual budgeting process.
- Analyzes system requirements and works with stakeholders to create an inventory of all business impacts and methods of resolving conflicts.
- Leads the business analyst teams in identifying and documenting requirements for the ICD10 enhancements.
- Supports the work activities of the business analyst teams based on the business owners and medical IT priorities.
- Communicates any requested changes of project scope to appropriate staff.
- Oversees evaluation of technical system gaps in the solution and documentation of additional ICD-10 requirements.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
This Sr. Manager, Systems Application Development will work on the design and implementation of new applications as well as maintenance and upgrades of the existing Hussman Institute informatics systems.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Must have experience in LIMS (Lab Inventory Management System) systems
- Strong development skills in backend functionality
- Experience in system integration development
- Experience with databases required, Oracle strongly preferred (SQL, PL/SQL)
- Experience in analyzing, developing, and testing software applications, the full life cycle
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with unfamiliar platforms, self-learner
- Familiarity with code versioning tools (SVN)
Bachelor's Degree in relevant fieldExperience:
Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.